U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-06-2011, 07:25 PM

508 posts, read 495,904 times
Default Peapod vs. Waldbaums

We have been using Peapod delivery by Stop& Shop for the past few years since moved back to LI. Just found out that Waldbaums does do delivery through Webgrocer.com. Has anyone tried it yet? I know Waldbaums has been downhill lately and have been closing many stores but just thinking to try it. Delivery costs are slightly higher with WB. I do love Peapod but they do not carry everything and it is difficult for me to get to stores and shop.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 07:43 PM

Default PeaPod

"Bump"
NO ONE!!!
Really

Old 06-09-2011, 08:15 PM

7,568 posts, read 10,001,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
We have been using Peapod delivery by Stop& Shop for the past few years since moved back to LI. Just found out that Waldbaums does do delivery through Webgrocer.com. Has anyone tried it yet? I know Waldbaums has been downhill lately and have been closing many stores but just thinking to try it. Delivery costs are slightly higher with WB. I do love Peapod but they do not carry everything and it is difficult for me to get to stores and shop.

Thanks
I don't know where you're located and I don't use any of these services, but I just spoke to someone in my office who mentioned that they've been shopping at ShopRite via internet for quite some time and are very happy with it. The order gets assembled and is ready for pick-up whenever they want it and they can bring in coupons which will be deducted when they pay.

Is this something that would work for you?

Old 06-10-2011, 05:11 AM

3,939 posts, read 4,030,598 times
I am still waiting for FreshDirect to come to Nassau.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,684 times
Smile on line grocery shopper

i shop at peapod -for the last 2 years-i think they are great-the only problem is they do not have everything i need-so i will try waldbaums today-i tried food direct-they now deliver to nassau-i did'nt order much so it's hard to rate-delivery was on time-that part worked great-will let you know how i make out at walbaums.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:19 AM

Old thread but saw it, forgot about asking this. Do not want to pick-up in store need it delivered. Still use Peapod and very,very happy with every order I receive from them. Never once had a problem. In fact the meats,deli are better and fresher. Especially the steaks. Guess when you order meats they probably cut it fresh and does not sit in case like in the stores maybe.

Yes I agree they do not carry everything I want . You can request that they carry items you want. I have and a few times they did add items I asked for. The deliveries have always come early within the 2 hour window I pick and drivers are very curteous and efficient. Love that they bring item right into my kitchen makes it such a wonderful service. Especially the heavier stuff!

Old 12-11-2011, 02:52 PM

11,120 posts, read 7,363,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Old thread but saw it, forgot about asking this. Do not want to pick-up in store need it delivered. Still use Peapod and very,very happy with every order I receive from them. Never once had a problem. In fact the meats,deli are better and fresher. Especially the steaks. Guess when you order meats they probably cut it fresh and does not sit in case like in the stores maybe.

Yes I agree they do not carry everything I want . You can request that they carry items you want. I have and a few times they did add items I asked for. The deliveries have always come early within the 2 hour window I pick and drivers are very curteous and efficient. Love that they bring item right into my kitchen makes it such a wonderful service. Especially the heavier stuff!
Sounds like a great service for those who can get out and shop or don't like food shopping. I don't order from there because my stop and shop is like 2 blocks away and I like to physically look at the products I am buying such as meats, fruits and veggies. But it might be good for my mom who lives alone and hates to food shop.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:14 PM

369 posts, read 242,324 times
Fresh Direct has come to Nassau. Way better than Peapod.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:21 PM

13,654 posts, read 15,132,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyLI View Post
Fresh Direct has come to Nassau. Way better than Peapod.
Not all of Nassau -- I just tried entering 11758 on their site and it's a no go as of now.

What makes them better than Peapod? I only priced a few items and they appear to be about the same.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:31 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,950,196 times
I would avoid WB like the plague.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island