Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 09:40 AM

15 posts, read 25,559 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I are thinking about moving to Sea Cliff. We like a house in the area by the High School. Any thoughts or helpful advice? How are the schools? Are there any programs for newcomers? We are in our twenties and we are planning to start a family soon, I hear its a great place to raise a family. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated.

Also, We are foodies any advice on the best places to eat in the area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 09:52 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandz130 View Post
Hi,

My husband and I are thinking about moving to Sea Cliff. We like a house in the area by the High School. Any thoughts or helpful advice? How are the schools? Are there any programs for newcomers? We are in our twenties and we are planning to start a family soon, I hear its a great place to raise a family. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

North Shore School Districts are excellent.

Sea Cliff is a bit of a hippie town in an upper-middle class to wealthy area. It's pretty unique for Long Island. There are good restaurants in the area but nothing is cheap. Just look on Zagats or yelp.com for restaurants.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 PM
cml

180 posts, read 290,444 times
Sea Cliff is good Schools are good it's not cheap but not it not expensive either, well it used to be a hippie town not really anymore.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:04 PM

80 posts, read 213,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandz130 View Post
Hi,

Thanks!
I've had my eye on a good deal in Sea Cliff...

I hope your financing doesn't get approved....

Old 02-12-2012, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,855 times
Cultured, artsy village. Wonderful place to raise kids and the schools are excellent. I was raised there and my parents still live there. Restaurants are in abundance in Glen Cove, Roslyn, etc.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:02 AM

840 posts, read 2,446,294 times
the problem is it's slim pickings....we looked for a year. wound up in glen head, very happy, but I love sea cliff.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,741 times
Default Question for kunk10 or anyone in Glen Head or Sea Cliff Oyster Bay

We were looking at Sea Cliff or Glen Head. We have a 7 year old girl. Moving from Queens - really no idea about LI. We are both originally from Europe (hence we do not know LI). Would you recommend Glen Head?. What are the best areas?. We hope to get something within 1/2 mile from the beach. We are looking for a house to renovate in the 350,000-to 450,000 range. Any help would be appreciated as we are new to this. We look at Sea Cliff and Oyster Bay yesterday

Thanks

Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 AM

840 posts, read 2,446,294 times
350-450 will be tough but the area of glen head that is either glen wood landing or borders glen wood landing are the closest ones to the water. also, there are 2 elementary schools in glen head, glen head elementary and glen wood landing. they are a bit different and people have their preferences.

What type of house are you looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island