U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:40 AM

9,343 posts, read 16,172,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABACAB View Post
And FYI, the law prevents polygamy to protect all women, not just Christian women :ok:
Protect these women from what?

If women want to voluntarily marry men who already have one or more wives, what protection do these women need?

No woman should be forced into a polygamous, or for that matter, forced into a monogamous, marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 03:47 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,283,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
WHY? Why would you want to overturn it?? What effect does this have on your life? You don't have to marry someone Gay, do you? Can't all of you people just live and let live?? Allow people to love and marry whoever they want to!! It has no bearing on your lives at all. These 'arguments' are all just ridiculous and unecessary. Sheesh!
Two things occur to me when people get riled up about this:

1. Some people have no lives and really need to get a hobby. Maybe if they got laid enough themselves, they wouldn't be so concerned with what other people do.

2. There's probably some latent homosexuality in there somewhere. When 1 man in 10 has a homosexual experience at one point or another in life--regardless of sexual orientation--I can promise you it's not all 100% self-identified gay guys and prison inmates.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:52 PM

752 posts, read 774,449 times
Quote:
For many it is absolutely NOT 'insignificant and unimportant'.
Then those people have entirely too much time on they're hands and should be happy because they have no real... actual problems to worry about.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:59 PM

15,734 posts, read 15,993,514 times
To paraphrase Chris Rock:

Gay people have the right to be as miserable as everybody else!

Old 06-28-2011, 06:15 PM

291 posts, read 320,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Not sure how old you are but those "different" families didn't exist only a couple of decades ago, mostly because gays were considered abnormal and openly shunned if not arrested on sodomy charges. It's really only in the last ten years, if not less, that tolerance is being preached, and then, only in the more progressive states. We have a LONG way to go. Read the St. Anthony's lesbian prom thread if you think otherwise.

Interestingly, what I took away from that thread was a handful of liberals (most likely non-religious and with a pre-existing axe to grind with the Church) attempting to dictate how a private religious institution conducts their school prom. Talk about hubris.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Exactly right!! It is after all the Christians who have long campaigned AGAINST Gay Marriage. So how is this NOT part of this discussion.
Grrrrr censorship makes me angry.
What a surprise...singling out the Christians - typical. Those Muslims, many Orthodox Jews, etc. certainly have had a strong past of embracing homosexualty - right? Even the liberal friendly Dalai Lama has been ambiguous at best about his views on homosexuality.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:11 PM

8,126 posts, read 8,027,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHP Guy View Post
What a surprise...singling out the Christians - typical. Those Muslims, many Orthodox Jews, etc. certainly have had a strong past of embracing homosexualty - right? Even the liberal friendly Dalai Lama has been ambiguous at best about his views on homosexuality.
Christians seem to be the most harsh when it comes to homosexuality especially when on camera;behind closed doors is a different story. But most extremely religious sects of all religions pretty much are against all things homosexual. My philosophy is, if no one is harming another, why would it bother me.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Christians seem to be the most harsh when it comes to homosexuality especially when on camera;behind closed doors is a different story. But most extremely religious sects of all religions pretty much are against all things homosexual. My philosophy is, if no one is harming another, why would it bother me.
You'd have a hard time convincing anybody of that since Islam generally prescribes death for those that engage in homosexual acts.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:44 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,533,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHP Guy View Post

Oh-Oh. Doesn't this comment belong in the 'Religion' board???

Old 06-29-2011, 06:49 AM

2,630 posts, read 2,044,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
So tell me pal how many gay couples or gay individuals do you know very, very well...and have you ever spoken tothem about their lives

My best friend for 40 years is gay. Ihave met his gay friends. Ihave spoken to him about his "love" life. Is love performing sodomy under a pier with 40 guys in one night. No, not myfriend, but his pal who is going to "marry" his partner.

As my friend says...gay men are pigs. Put two men together and figure out what they want to do.

All his gay friends, even those that are in long term relationships, think this gay marriage stuff is bs.

Of course, these arent the gays you see in the parade with leather chaps with their butts hanging out. These are sucessful people who know how to act around everyone and dont need to brag they are gay.

As one said to me...do you go aroind screaming out that you are heterosexual?

Nice. You cite your one gay buddy who has a promiscuous friend and paint everyone with a giant roller. You're so transparent. I saw your other posts. You're an angry, misinformed crank spouting hate. Aids was not a "gay" disease, it was discovered first in the gay population. It hasn't been remotely a "gay" disease for over 30 years and is most prevalent amongst young women. You don't know the 1st thing about gay relationships besides your dopey anecdotal nonesense. Your banker, lawyer, doctor, teacher, et al ad nauseum are in successful and loving gay relationships. You wouldn't know because it's none of your business. Why do you care about people who don't "know how to act?" By who's standard? Your's? If that chap wearing homosexual could save your sorry life, you'd be kissing his chap wearing behind. Keep spouting from your bully pulpit couch about "culture war." There is no war, just scared little holier than thou babies afraid of anything they don't understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island