Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,950,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzah Pizza View Post
oh wow!! that makes the company a whole better!!! dirtbags....

by the way, its been less than 12 months since they got rid of the termination fees, not 3 years.
How many times has CV had service outages? How many exclusivity deals do the Dolans have with various towns, preventing fair competition in the area??

CV is a bunch of dirtbags as well, but Verizon has the better product.

And I can't even remember the last time Verizon mentioned ETFs to me for FIOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 05:55 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,797,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
How many times has CV had service outages? How many exclusivity deals do the Dolans have with various towns, preventing fair competition in the area??

CV is a bunch of dirtbags as well, but Verizon has the better product.

And I can't even remember the last time Verizon mentioned ETFs to me for FIOS.
verizon are a bunch of liars. they promise you the same amount for a year and when your first bill comes, it never is what the salesperson promised you. scam!

Old 07-07-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
verizon are a bunch of liars. they promise you the same amount for a year and when your first bill comes, it never is what the salesperson promised you. scam!
Funny, I spoke to 3 people, in two different installations, and got exactly what I requested.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:25 AM

20,866 posts, read 28,221,361 times
Quote:
Funny, I spoke to 3 people, in two different installations, and got exactly what I requested.
same with me too.I know 10 people who have Fios and they say cablevision sucks. We can go back and forth on who is better all day and night. Those who have Fios love it, those who have cable love it end of story.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:47 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,818,220 times
Quote:
that's because the 1st bill comes with an additional billing cycle most times. For example if the cycle starts on the 15th but you had the install done on the 11th, they will bill you the 4 days in addition to your regular monthly. This includes a prorated fee for the boxes and taxes that go with it. Plus there are install fees like if you had to have coax pulled (new house). Existing coax = no fees. It's pretty clear on the bill.

I've been through it all with both companies. If you don't think Cablevision lies and scams, you're either working for them or know someone who does. Need I remind you they used to cap internet speeds and never admitted it. Then when FIOS comes along and they started losing customers, they removed the cap practices. Been there, done that. I cannot recall a single deceitful thing Verizon FIOS has done in the 5+ years I've used them (3 homes). Their only downfall is they must charge tax on all 3 features where Cablevision does not. Cablevision was also faster with refunds & credits (but I guess they're used to that by now).

Old 07-07-2011, 06:53 AM

1,724 posts, read 4,020,518 times
Made the switch two months ago and the service is great. Bill was exactly what salesperson said it would be.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:30 AM

156 posts, read 376,905 times
I switched to FIOS a few months ago. Here is my experience:

1. Picture is clearer
2. No picture freeze, no pixilation
3. Boxes come on instantly
4. Multi-room DVR, free lifetime
5. NFL network
6. Free wireless modem
7. Phone service is the same
8. Internet about 10% faster

Was paying $161/month for 3 boxes, no DVR. Now paying $115.67/month for 2 boxes plus free DVR. Billing was 100% accurate from day one. Rate good for 2 years. Five of my co-workers switched to FIOS before me, all extremely happy with service and savings. I delayed switching due to complaints about billing and customer service. Have not had any issues since my April installation.

Matt

Old 07-07-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
yours is a rare case because i hear the same story how verizon never delivered what they promised.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
that's because the 1st bill comes with an additional billing cycle most times. For example if the cycle starts on the 15th but you had the install done on the 11th, they will bill you the 4 days in addition to your regular monthly. This includes a prorated fee for the boxes and taxes that go with it. Plus there are install fees like if you had to have coax pulled (new house). Existing coax = no fees. It's pretty clear on the bill.

I've been through it all with both companies. If you don't think Cablevision lies and scams, you're either working for them or know someone who does. Need I remind you they used to cap internet speeds and never admitted it. Then when FIOS comes along and they started losing customers, they removed the cap practices. Been there, done that. I cannot recall a single deceitful thing Verizon FIOS has done in the 5+ years I've used them (3 homes). Their only downfall is they must charge tax on all 3 features where Cablevision does not. Cablevision was also faster with refunds & credits (but I guess they're used to that by now).
um, NO.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
yours is a rare case because i hear the same story how verizon never delivered what they promised.
Yeah, I know... mine is a rare case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Made the switch two months ago and the service is great. Bill was exactly what salesperson said it would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsuggestion View Post
I switched to FIOS a few months ago. Here is my experience:

1. Picture is clearer
2. No picture freeze, no pixilation
3. Boxes come on instantly
4. Multi-room DVR, free lifetime
5. NFL network
6. Free wireless modem
7. Phone service is the same
8. Internet about 10% faster

Was paying $161/month for 3 boxes, no DVR. Now paying $115.67/month for 2 boxes plus free DVR. Billing was 100% accurate from day one. Rate good for 2 years. Five of my co-workers switched to FIOS before me, all extremely happy with service and savings. I delayed switching due to complaints about billing and customer service. Have not had any issues since my April installation.

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
same with me too.I know 10 people who have Fios and they say cablevision sucks. We can go back and forth on who is better all day and night. Those who have Fios love it, those who have cable love it end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island