Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 07:39 PM

491 posts, read 828,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
The following school districts are now or soon will be less than 75% white by 2010: Port Washington, Great Neck, Long Beach, West Hempstead, Hicksville, Mineola, Roslyn, Huntington, South Huntington, Deer Park, North Babylon, William Floyd, Longwood, Riverhead, Half Hollow Hills, East Meadow, Floral Park, Syosset, Patchogue-Medford, Farmingdale, Elwood, Comsewogue, and probably Middle Country
All comments and inquiries are welcomed. Please Discuss.
I was in Burger King in Port Washington Sunday 1PM, the parking lot was empty.
I walk in the place was packed with real "off the boat" dirty sick banana republic people. Not one person was speaking English including the staff.
These people looked real bad, I mean REAL BAD! On guy had deformed feet hanging out his sandals, another missing front teeth, fingers,

All wore ripped up sandals, sloppy clothes like people dress in the mountains of Central America.
These family's had about 4-5 wild kids each, they no doubt were illegal who dont pay tax.
In 10-14 years all those kids are going to be job-less teenager's roaming, robbing in the streets like packs of wild animals.
Nassau County's future is FINISHED !
Public Schools in 10 years are going to be nothing more then Zoo's or babysitting services !

I’m so glad I got out, I week after I sold my Manhasset house Asians bought the 100 year old Combes farmhouse behind me. The guy already submitted plans to raise it and put up two 2 family cement and stucco P.O.S for his ---CAUGH CAUGH large family
(crap like they pull Flushing and Little Neck)

The Great Neck Jewish democrat controlled township will no doubt let him do it too !!

-Joe

Old 08-15-2007, 07:48 PM

289 posts, read 1,140,455 times
JoeL, since you finally did "get out", why do you even care/rant about Nassau County and its people anymore??

You really need to find some way to lower your blood pressure, dude....... at the very least.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 PM

491 posts, read 828,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StanleyCups View Post
JoeL, since you finally did "get out", why do you even care/rant about Nassau County and its people anymore??

You really need to find some way to lower your blood pressure, dude....... at the very least.
My Mother (71) lives in Port Washington 3 screws and 12 months after she still cant walk fron the last Mestizo purse snatcher that pushed her to the ground.
She refuses to move (just like my Grandfolks) so if it gets any worse......

The same crap happened to my Grandmother in the 70's in Brooklyn (Knickerbocker Ave) These people turn great neighborhoods into the same cesspools and Gettos they came from.
Thats factual history, people moved to Long Island to get away from this crap !
And thats the truth !

Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
My Mother (71) lives in Port Washington 3 screws and 12 months after she still cant walk fron the last Mestizo purse snatcher that pushed her to the ground.
She refuses to move (just like my Grandfolks) so if it gets any worse......

The same crap happened to my Grandmother in the 70's in Brooklyn (Knickerbocker Ave) These people turn great neighborhoods into the same cesspools and Gettos they came from.
Thats factual history, people moved to Long Island to get away from this crap !
And thats the truth !
Yes sir, it is. Sorry to hear about your mom. We looked in PW, and said no way.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:43 PM

240 posts, read 1,056,966 times
Quote:
Hey Clamboy: Rocky Point is nothing special and in fact it is not even as good as North Babylon.

Lets look at the statistics:

High School Graduation rates: Rocky Point 84%, North Babylon 89%
Household Income: Rocky Point $62,000, North Babylon $75,000
Housing Value: Rocky Point $308,000, North Babylon $381,000
Percentage College Graduates: Rocky Point 20.7%, North Babylon 21.2%
These statistics are way off. Look at any real estate website and there is no way that the median Housing Value in Rocky Point is $308,000. Maybe you can get a nice bungalow for that price or a rundown ranch, but that certainly is far from the average home value. I just graduated from Rocky Point this year and an 84% graduation rate is also lower than the actual percentage. To your merit these statistics are often outdated and don't represent 2007 Rocky Point.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:20 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockypointny View Post
These statistics are way off. Look at any real estate website and there is no way that the median Housing Value in Rocky Point is $308,000. Maybe you can get a nice bungalow for that price or a rundown ranch, but that certainly is far from the average home value. I just graduated from Rocky Point this year and an 84% graduation rate is also lower than the actual percentage. To your merit these statistics are often outdated and don't represent 2007 Rocky Point.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Rocky-Point-New-York.html

2005 Median home value est: $304,000. Maybe $308,000 is accurate?

Old 08-16-2007, 03:33 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,051 times
Rockypointny:

The graduation statistics are for the 2005-2006 school year published by Newsday on May 20, 2007.

The Median home values came from City Data for 2005. I must have misread - checked at $304,000, I stand corrected. Go to MSLI and see what is available - many older summer cottages probably bring down the overall value, but you have to remember that Rocky Point is so far from anything. Very few higher income earners employed in NYC are willing to make the commute. Also, Miller Place and Mount Sinai have much better schools than Rocky Point and are more middle class and upper-middle class. Rocky Point and Sound Beach have always had a reputation for being somewhat low and trashy.

The Town of Brookhaven (Crookhaven) in which Rocky Point resides has been riddled with scandals and corruption for years. This fact must have some impact on the housing market there. Property taxes are high because the politicians have been robbing the residents blind.

My Last Point: The Influx of large numbers of Mexicans and Central Americans into the Brookhaven Township. This influx will eventually be felt in all the school districts out there in a few years. Expect more ESL class rooms, bilingual education, more free breakfasts and free lunches served, more security guards and ultimately metal detectors.

The following areas are changing or are going to change for the worse in Brookhaven: Farmingville, Medford, East Patchogue, North Bellport, Patchogue, Shirley, Mastic, Selden, Centereach, Ridge, Middle Island, Port Jefferson Station, Coram, Yaphank, and Ronkonkoma. Just look at the school district statistics, especially some of the elementary schools, and you will see the percentage of Hispanics (Mezticos/Mulattoes) has skyrocketed. Check Patchogue-Medford, William Floyd, Longwood, Middle Country, South Country, and Comsewogue. This wave will flood into Sachem at some point and Rocky Point at some point - both areas have many affordable older homes that unscrupulous people will turn into multi-unit illegal rentals.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:42 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,051 times
Why the Pessimism on Long Island?

Part of it has to do with economics. We all struggle to make a living here, but for earlier generations it was worth it. Why? to escape the maladies of NYC. Here we once had it all, good schools and safe neighborhoods that were de facto (in fact) segregated. Now that is changing. People see with their own eyes one town after another changing - Long Island is not the same as it once was. People are leaving. Why pay through the nose to educate illegal immigrants and ghetto kids. Has anyone else noticed the increase in graffiti everywhere?

General rule of thumb: If the graffiti is at all legible with correct spelling it was done by white kids. If it makes no sense at all it was done by a black, mulatto or meztico.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:29 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,676,759 times
Quote:
Rockypointny:

The graduation statistics are for the 2005-2006 school year published by Newsday on May 20, 2007.

The Median home values came from City Data for 2005. I must have misread - checked at $304,000, I stand corrected. Go to MSLI and see what is available - many older summer cottages probably bring down the overall value, but you have to remember that Rocky Point is so far from anything. Very few higher income earners employed in NYC are willing to make thecommute. Also, Miller Place and Mount Sinai have much better schools than Rocky Point and are more middle class and upper-middle class. Rocky Point and Sound Beach have always had a reputation for being somewhat low and

trashy.

The Town of Brookhaven (Crookhaven) in which Rocky Point resides has been riddled with scandals and corruption for years. This fact must have some impact on the housing market there. Property taxes are high because the politicians have been robbing the residents blind.

My Last Point: The Influx of large numbers of Mexicans and Central Americans into the Brookhaven Township. This influx will eventually be felt in all the school districts out there in a few years. Expect more ESL class rooms, bilingual education, more free breakfasts and free lunches served, more security guards and ultimately metal detectors.

The following areas are changing or are going to change for the worse in Brookhaven: Farmingville, Medford, East Patchogue, North Bellport, Patchogue, Shirley, Mastic, Selden, Centereach, Ridge, Middle Island, Port Jefferson Station, Coram, Yaphank, and Ronkonkoma. Just look at the school district statistics, especially some of the elementary schools, and you will see the percentage of Hispanics (Mezticos/Mulattoes) has skyrocketed. Check Patchogue-Medford, William Floyd, Longwood, Middle Country, South Country, and Comsewogue. This wave will flood into Sachem at some point and Rocky Point at some point - both areas have many affordable older homes that unscrupulous people will turn into multi-unit illegal rentals.

Thats is a fairly accurate assessment of Crookhaven ala Grucci.

I do think its improving (slightly) not due to party politics (local dems suck too)but due to transparency in the digital age.

As for Rocky Point being trashy ,youre kidding right?
As compared to what, the gold coast.

Working class yes, trashy no.
Sure theres a few bungalows..I think it adds to the charm of the area.
Thankfully they were here to get started in(thats how we did it).
I loved living by the beach in something I could actually own.

Ive lived in many places on LI, Rocky Point is by far my favorite, mostly because of the quality of the people.
Its an old school "neighbors watching out for neighbors" community that I believe is a throwback to the early Brooklynites who used to summer here in the 50s and 60s.

I doubt many of the concerns you raised will be a major issue for Rocky Point considering the surrounding upscale neighborhoods of Mt Sinai,Miller Place, Shoreham and Wading River...but you never know.

Also Rocky Point is pretty badass politically.Bottom line if you carry Rocky Point, you carry the district.
(Ask Lori Baldassare how her Mt Sinai centric campaign worked out for her in the last election.)

Keeping the focus on your situation Nbres,when you're trashy compared to West Babylon and Deer Park, you've got real problems brother.

We gotta get yo outta there, my house is still for sale due to my CT transfer, perhaps we could work out an exit strategy for you.

In the words of the poet Sammy Hagar

"Only Time Will Tell If We Stand The Test Of Time"

: )

C

Last edited by clamboy; 08-16-2007 at 06:53 AM..

Old 08-16-2007, 08:35 AM

127 posts, read 521,200 times
Joe L,I live in PW, and love it here. I go to the supermarket in that center all the time. I'll admit that I don't often go to Burger King (I don't like the food, and thankfully my kids don't, either), but the times I've been there it's been just fine. Sure, the people who work there are hispanic, but the managers speak English and I would think that at least some of the other employees possess at least enough understanding to do their jobs. I mean, these are fast-food industry jobs, not positions requiring much education or English skills, for that matter. And I have never seen the kind of people you've described anywhere in this town. But I probably don't look that closely at them, either, so that could be why. Anyway, as far as missing teeth or fingers, they probably lost fingers from the only kind of jobs they are able to get -- manual labor -- and can't afford dental care because they work these jobs. Of course, there's not much else they can do with their limited educations and language skills. But I have a feeling that most of them are doing this so that their children might do better. And still others might not share these aspirations, and are just plain trash, no matter where they might live. Just like other people.

I'm sorry about your mom. I've never heard about violent purse-snatchings like that here, and it's a damn shame that happened. I take it your mom lives in Manorhaven or Manhasset Isle?

I can't stand kids running around in restaurants, fast-food or otherwise. My children know that they must remain at the table, and they do. And I have to say that there are loads of white kids here whose mothers are far too busy yakking it up on their cell phones to pay attention to their kids, while their kids run around much the same. Some watch them do this, thinking it's cute. I taught my children form a young age that they are absolutely NOT allowed to stand up in their seat, no matter what the other children are doing. I can't begin to tell you how these mothers allow their kids to not only stand on their seats (in any given restaurant with bench/banquet seating), but let them walk back and forth on them, disturbing others. Or constantly kicking their heels against the bottom of their booth bench -- I always remind my kids that other people are sitting behind them and will feel the vibration and not enjoy their meals, as they deserve to (kids tend to do this swinging of the feet thing unconsciously. Still, why don't others pay attention and tell their kids the same). Also, if my children's voices get too loud, I remind them that people didn't come to hear them, but to enjoy a nice meal.

Oh, and by the way, Joe L, I'm not from Great Neck, but I am Jewish. And I came from Brooklyn for the same reasons pretty much everyone else came -- to escape from crap. So stop your stereotyping. I could say a lot about what I'm pretty sure you are, but there's a whole thread about that (about getoffourisland.com) -- and if you read it, you'll see that I didn't feel all that good about it. But then again, I'm fairly intelligent. I must be. I'm Jewish, lol!

Last edited by TheSeventhBrady; 08-16-2007 at 08:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island