U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-17-2011, 05:32 AM

599 posts, read 1,098,963 times
Default Forest city park-pets question

Does anyone know if the Forest City Park in Wantagh allows pets?I have been searching online and can't seem to come up with anything.If anyone knows please tell me!Have a family gathering and would like to bring my puppy.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 06:56 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,084,507 times
Don't know about this one specifically, but I tend to doubt pets are allowed.
Sadly, that is the norm on Long Island. :-(

Old 07-17-2011, 07:16 PM

626 posts, read 523,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
Don't know about this one specifically, but I tend to doubt pets are allowed.
Sadly, that is the norm on Long Island. :-(
I'm kinda glad dogs aren't generally allowed in public parks. I'd prefer pets be kept at home. No offense, but as much as you trust your little Spot in a public park, I don't think people who don't know your dog should have to take the chance that he's going to behave...Especially folk with little kids. Sure, yours might be a little yorkie....but what about the teen with the pitbull in tow? Is everyone who uses the park supposed to hope that this kid is able to control his dog?

Old 07-18-2011, 04:20 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,084,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
I'm kinda glad dogs aren't generally allowed in public parks. I'd prefer pets be kept at home. No offense, but as much as you trust your little Spot in a public park, I don't think people who don't know your dog should have to take the chance that he's going to behave...Especially folk with little kids. Sure, yours might be a little yorkie....but what about the teen with the pitbull in tow? Is everyone who uses the park supposed to hope that this kid is able to control his dog?
Just as easily, that kid with the dog could run someone over with his bike, or skateboard, or throw a baseball that hits someone. So should kids be banned from parks? So "Is everyone who uses the park supposed to hope that this kid is able to control his [ pitch, frisbee, skateboard, mountain bike, ....]?"

The bottom line is RESPONSIBILITY!
A Responsible pet owner picks up after their pet, makes sure they behave, etc. If they don't, then they should be tarred & feathered - or something similar :-)

Old 07-18-2011, 04:21 PM

Actually it was for a family gathering,strictly family,and its an 8 week old pitbull puppy,who has had a very rough start in life,like most pits.But,lets blame the dogs instead of the humans.Pitbulls are wonderful dogs,thats all im going to say or this will turn into a debate.Yorkies have a higher tendency to bite.It's a shame many places are so pet unfriendly here on LI.Not everyone is an irresponsible pet owner.I do feel like there should be some rules to follow so maybe it would weed out the bad owners.All my dogs are vaccinated,altered,and licensed.I never ever ever let them off leash unless im in my own yard.And I always carry baggies with me to clean up after them.But,I know there are many people out there that are irresponsible and let their pets roam wherever they please.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:24 PM

I dont enjoy being surrounded by screaming children when im at a restaurant trying to enjoy my dinner.But you can't ban children,in the end it comes down to parenting.Just like there are good and bad parents,there are good and bad dog owners.Give the good owners a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island