U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 05:15 AM

19 posts, read 20,659 times

Advertisements

Long Island Home Inspection serving Suffolk, Nassau, Queens, Brooklyn and NY City

Home Inspections New York | Long Island Home Inspectors | Long Island Professional Engineers (http://www.newyorkpe.com/residential/standard-inspections/ - broken link)

I found these advertised on MLSLI website and I need one soon.

Are they good?

If anyone can recommend somebody thats going to do a thorough inspection I'd appreciate it!

Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 07:49 AM

840 posts, read 2,053,979 times
i've used National Property Inspections before.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:11 AM

3,198 posts, read 8,105,436 times
NPI is good as is Kings Bay Inspections.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:25 AM

the NPI team is very knowledgeable and really take their time IME

Old 07-18-2011, 10:40 AM

19 posts, read 20,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunk10 View Post
the NPI team is very knowledgeable and really take their time IME
Yeah I need a tight inspection.
The house I'm looking at was redone so I want to make sure all systems, outlets are working.
Someone who's going to take thier time (2 to 3 hours) find issues in basement, roof, structure etc.

Any links would be appreciated I'm out working and doing this by phone.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 AM

National Property Inspections® - Home & Commercial Inspections and Franchising Opportunities

Old 07-18-2011, 08:25 PM

2,198 posts, read 3,287,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonsHome View Post
Yeah I need a tight inspection.
The house I'm looking at was redone so I want to make sure all systems, outlets are working.
Someone who's going to take thier time (2 to 3 hours) find issues in basement, roof, structure etc.

Any links would be appreciated I'm out working and doing this by phone.
I'm not familiar with either firm of your OP however I would not consider them similar. One is a standard home inspection firm and the other is a home inspection firm with apparent structural engineering capabilities, though it doesn't appear this makes a practical difference in their basic home inspection. I would suggest you ask for a copy of their respective inspection contracts to see if what you'd be paying for.

Also, 2-3 hrs should not be considered a "tight" inspection. An experienced inspector doing a basic inspection will take 2-3 hrs (depending on sq.ft. of home). A "tight" inspection should take 3-4 hrs. and include a termite inspection of entire perimeter, lead & asbestos testing (no less than 2 tests per room using stratification method), and verification that all floors and walls are level and square.

Floor and ceiling joists should be examined for proper size and bracing, footings and load bearing concrete needs to be tested...if it's a structural inspection.

Finding problems with structure often requires owner permission for invasive inspection techniques (usually with a probe camera). Otherwise one is getting a visual inspection which any licensed inspector can perform.

NYS requirements of home inspectors/inspections:

NYS Division of Licensing Services
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island