U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:39 PM

24 posts, read 30,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmdpt View Post
you're making no sense. What difference does it make? You looked at the house, you apparently decided you liked it enough to make an offer, negotiate an accepted price and sign a contract and put money down. Did the house physically shrink in size since then? Is it suddenly not big enough for you because some number was slightly off?

the minimal difference you note will have no bearing on the value of the home. Appraisals are based mainly on the style of house, number of bedrooms/baths and what comparable houses have sold for in the area within a certain time frame.

So what exactly is the real problem?
No im not saying the house shrank in size.

When i saw the house realtor told me 1420 sq feet then i went on nassau website and it said its only 1280 sq feet. I went to get agent and he said the extension is not part of it. But apparently the extentsion is not an extension it's a enclosed porch and it not considered in sq feet by nassau. So without that the house value is over $400 sq feet and avg in the area is $340.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 10:05 PM

213 posts, read 279,552 times
Well either you like the house or you dont. As stated before you liked it enough to make an offer. You can alway make your own changes later

Old 07-24-2011, 05:29 AM

629 posts, read 762,348 times
No offense - but you sound like a loon. You don't want to buy a house that you liked enough to enter into a contract on because the sq. ft. was off a little? So of all the criteria for selecting the house: location, layout, condition, neighborhood, school district, neighbors, property taxes, landscaping, overall appearance, etc - the DEAL BREAKER for you is a 140 sq. ft. error in the records relating to actual sq. ft. of the structure?

Old 07-24-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound3 View Post
No offense - but you sound like a loon. You don't want to buy a house that you liked enough to enter into a contract on because the sq. ft. was off a little? So of all the criteria for selecting the house: location, layout, condition, neighborhood, school district, neighbors, property taxes, landscaping, overall appearance, etc - the DEAL BREAKER for you is a 140 sq. ft. error in the records relating to actual sq. ft. of the structure?
Yes i like the house neighborhood school etc. but in the future i am going to sell this house and i am afarid i wont get the proper deal because of the sq feet difference

Old 07-24-2011, 06:03 AM

I also just again looked at the contract and it states the purchaser pay the transfer taxes it that normal.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:15 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,522,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny2127 View Post
I also just again looked at the contract and it states the purchaser pay the transfer taxes it that normal.
Is it a foreclosure? If not, your attorney is an idiot.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:18 AM

I am a bigger idiot then him. I am furst time home buyer putting all my life savings into this home and they are comoletly taking advantage of me.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:51 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,522,218 times
Quote:
I am a bigger idiot then him. I am furst time home buyer putting all my life savings into this home and they are comoletly taking advantage of me.
No, you sound like a typical 1st time homebuyer getting cold feet. Dont worry so much about the sq ft....if you like the house, its not an issue. The issue i would have is you...the seller paying the transer tqx

Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
No, you sound like a typical 1st time homebuyer getting cold feet. Dont worry so much about the sq ft....if you like the house, its not an issue. The issue i would have is you...the seller paying the transer tqx
Yeah but I can not do anything about it I signed the contract. Is this sq feet a reason for me to void the contract or make changes?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:58 AM

7,633 posts, read 10,383,443 times
Quote:
No im not saying the house shrank in size.

When i saw the house realtor told me 1420 sq feet then i went on nassau website and it said its only 1280 sq feet. I went to get agent and he said the extension is not part of it. But apparently the extentsion is not an extension it's a enclosed porch and it not considered in sq feet by nassau. So without that the house value is over $400 sq feet and avg in the area is $340.

If you really "overpaid", then the house most likely won't appraise for your purchase price, in which case you could have a problem getting a mortgage (depending on the amount of your downpayment).
But please, here on Long Island, it's not all about cost per sq ft!

But as has been pointed out before, if the house in contract isn't a foreclosure, why the heck are you paying the transfer tax??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island