U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2011, 06:02 PM
 
137 posts, read 224,296 times
Reputation: 104

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
And run people off the road who are going the speed limit
and what about those "upper-class" people with Porsche's that run people off the road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2011, 06:51 PM
 
1,124 posts, read 1,203,847 times
Reputation: 646
Diversity is a funny word. Unless it is a code word for a particular minority I would say that Syosset is very diverse and upper middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2011, 07:28 PM
 
95 posts, read 150,299 times
Reputation: 16
When you think about class think culture, education, occupation, upbringing, and other many other social factors before thinking about finances. Two people making the exact same amount of money can easily fall in different categories based on a wide variety of factors. Once you're done with that, consider that "higher" labels aren't necessarily better or make you a superior person than someone with a "lower" label.

Basically this thread is entirely a waste of time, not the fault of the OP. If you want classes move to India.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2011, 07:33 PM
 
Location: now nyc
1,460 posts, read 2,809,610 times
Reputation: 1204
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleIslander View Post
When you think about class think culture, education, occupation, upbringing, and other many other social factors before thinking about finances. Two people making the exact same amount of money can easily fall in different categories based on a wide variety of factors. Once you're done with that, consider that "higher" labels aren't necessarily better or make you a superior person than someone with a "lower" label.

Basically this thread is entirely a waste of time, not the fault of the OP. If you want classes move to India.
So with that being said, what is your definition of a middle class, lower class and upper class individual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2011, 07:55 PM
 
95 posts, read 150,299 times
Reputation: 16
Oh easy - lower class is someone who still cares about class. Enjoy the bottom rung.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2011, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
15,279 posts, read 22,072,070 times
Reputation: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyone View Post
and what about those "upper-class" people with Porsche's that run people off the road?
Porsche Cayenne driving soccer moms sipping Starbucks whilevracing to MoMo's for their standing Mani-pedi.

Please get it right! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Town of Huntington, NY
8,356 posts, read 14,644,710 times
Reputation: 4105
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Porsche Cayenne driving soccer moms sipping Starbucks whilevracing to MoMo's for their standing Mani-pedi.

Please get it right! LOL

What a visual! Too funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2011, 06:19 AM
 
257 posts, read 507,721 times
Reputation: 86
I would recommend Oyster Bay or Locust Valley/Bayville. maybe even south Freeport, if public school is not a priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2011, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Hamburg, NY
1,158 posts, read 1,830,790 times
Reputation: 1043
Port Washington is definitely both diverse and majority Upper Middle Class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
 
701 posts, read 918,863 times
Reputation: 294
Hmm huntington area fits this nicely closer to main street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2016, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top