Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2007, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,882 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving to Long Island and was wondering where the best places to live are. I want somewhere fun with some sort of village type feel with shops, i like to go out so some fun night life places as well. I want some where nice where it is kinda close to new hyde park because that is where I am working. Any suggestions??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 09:55 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,663,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgirl13 View Post
Hi, I am moving to Long Island and was wondering where the best places to live are. I want somewhere fun with some sort of village type feel with shops, i like to go out so some fun night life places as well. I want some where nice where it is kinda close to new hyde park because that is where I am working. Any suggestions??
Long Beach/Huntington/Babylon Village if you got the coin.

Good luck...were actually moving to Tolland County once we sell.

All the best
C

Old 08-11-2007, 10:06 AM

127 posts, read 520,280 times
Clamboy, where is Tolland?

As far as the areas you recommended, I hear Long Beach is great for young singles. I like Huntington a lot, even considered selling our house and trading up by moving there, but my husband's commute is too good (the PW line) to give up. Also, I really do love my neighborhood, and have some of the nicest neighbors imaginable (yes, a couple of kooks here and there, but that can be the case pretty much anywhere).

When we were first looking, we went out to Lindenhurst. It was too far out for us, but while there, were also shown Babylon Village. What a nice place indeed. It is a bit of a drive to New Hyde Park, I'd imagine.

How about Garden City South?

Old 08-11-2007, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 5,882 times
I actually just read that rockville centre and long beach are great areas for singles in the 20's. If that is true do you guys have any more info about how they actually are? Traffic to New Hyde Park? I also heard that Huntington was nice with places to go out but I don't know where, I drove by the mall but thats the only place I've been. If there are certain roads that I should go down to see the fun places please I need as much info as possible!! Thanks!

Old 08-11-2007, 02:39 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,734,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgirl13 View Post
I actually just read that rockville centre and long beach are great areas for singles in the 20's. If that is true do you guys have any more info about how they actually are? Traffic to New Hyde Park? I also heard that Huntington was nice with places to go out but I don't know where, I drove by the mall but thats the only place I've been. If there are certain roads that I should go down to see the fun places please I need as much info as possible!! Thanks!
When you go past the mall, continue up Route 110. About 5 miles up you will come into Huntington Village. Lots of nice shops, restaurants, and nightlife.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:46 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,663,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeventhBrady View Post
Clamboy, where is Tolland?

As far as the areas you recommended, I hear Long Beach is great for young singles. I like Huntington a lot, even considered selling our house and trading up by moving there, but my husband's commute is too good (the PW line) to give up. Also, I really do love my neighborhood, and have some of the nicest neighbors imaginable (yes, a couple of kooks here and there, but that can be the case pretty much anywhere).

When we were first looking, we went out to Lindenhurst. It was too far out for us, but while there, were also shown Babylon Village. What a nice place indeed. It is a bit of a drive to New Hyde Park, I'd imagine.

How about Garden City South?
Tolland is NE CT suburb of Hartford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island