Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 01:00 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyteky View Post
Hello,

I am on this website because I am moving to Long beach in about a month. I saw a lot of people talking about Valley Stream, I grew up there with my family. I visit almost once a week but I would not recommend moving there. Its really said what that area has become. Trust me just look at the news you will see Valley Stream has a headline at least once a week for robbery or home invasion. I wish I had the $$$ to move my parents out of that ****ty neighborhood.
Home invasions in Valley Stream? Uh no. I live in the Village of Valley Stream for awhile now. Please stop the drama and false accusations. Point me to ANY home invasions in Valley Stream. It is nice here, just that racists and bigots are getting nervous because of the diversity even though the diversity is MIDDLE CLASS. Your parents are grown ups, if they want to move, then they can. There is no law keeping them there.

BTW, be careful in Long Beach. I hope where you are moving has a lot of streetlights. I also hope you are moving to a building with private parking or buying your own house so you can use the driveway and don't have to park on the street, particularly on one of the big busy streets. If so, either buy yourself a beat up hooptie or be a light sleeper and try and get the spot in front of where you live. Someone I know was just visiting there very recently and had to park on the street overnight and had the BMW emblem stolen off her car by some degenerate. When she reported it, the cops said unfortunately vandalism and drunken sideswiping of cars is commonplace in Long Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 01:21 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
When she reported it, the cops said unfortunately vandalism and drunken sideswiping of cars is commonplace in Long Beach.
IMO it's the LBPD getting back at people who skip paying the beach fee

Old 08-12-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
That is in the Village of Valley Stream. The area is good and safe at all hours and walkable to shopping on Rockaway Avenue. Also close to parks (pool, running/biking trail, etc.), Village Green (free concerts at night), and library. Not a bad choice at all. However, that being said, do look into RVC and LB because I think either of those areas would be more "fun" for a young, single woman with more nightlife, etc.
Amended advice to OP: If you choose Long Beach, be careful about the parking situation. A building with a private lot/underground garage is infinitely preferable to on-the-street parking!

Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
IMO it's the LBPD getting back at people who skip paying the beach fee
Seriously, I mentioned the beach fine incident to a long-time Long Beach resident and she was very surprised that the police actually issued tickets instead of giving a warning and just asking the people to leave the beach.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times
Quote:
Seriously, I mentioned the beach fine incident to a long-time Long Beach resident and she was very surprised that the police actually issued tickets instead of giving a warning and just asking the people to leave the beach.
They'll get you one way or the other

Old 08-12-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
They'll get you one way or the other
Now that just BEGS the question:

"Have you had iron bracelets on your wrists before, young man?"

(J/K, J/K, but I figured I'd get it in there before someone else does, LOL!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island