Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:53 AM

553 posts, read 1,934,658 times

Advertisements

Teachers ,cops, wealthy and the poor by 2015. That be long Island.Oh and town and county workers too.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:15 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
My boyfriend offered you to come work for him for a day in his school, NY62, just to see how you would handle it.

You really should try some basic grammar, because I have a lot of trouble reading your posts that try to insult me.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:31 AM

Look I dont want to get in a pissing match with you. I have no problem with teachers some suck some are great. just like anything else, just look at my english teachers.LOL I think most proffesions are overpaid that is why it is so expensive here. Look I know where your boyfriend works is hard but out on the island in alot of areas they are nothing like that. anyway I like to stir the pot a bit and give different points a view,dont get so worked up next time.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Agreed, but the deli guy isn't slicing pastrami on the backs of the Taxpayers.

I for one think most teachers are underpaid (My wife makes better money waiting tables in the Summer).

Most teachers don't teach for the money.

I'm not sure if the same can be said for our local cops.

Best,

C
Really? what district? maybe that is why I am on the other side of the fence here. The districts I know of Teachers are making silly money. I know of two that bought a house on dune road.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:44 AM

Rachael if your boyfriend is not making at least 80 k he is under paid. If I offended anyone I appologize I was going by my area. But some are overpaid!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Ok, I see your point, I apologize if it seems like I'm getting too harsh. I take a lot of offense when people hint teachers do nothing, that sort of thing.

He'll be making 60k as a 3rd year teacher with his Masters. That's nice compared to what he would be making in Las Vegas (we thought about moving there), which would be about 40k. Teachers are definitely underpaid in Las Vegas. Teachers there can barely afford a home. That's why we decided to stay here.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:19 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
Look I dont want to get in a pissing match with you. I have no problem with teachers some suck some are great. just like anything else, just look at my english teachers.LOL I think most proffesions are overpaid that is why it is so expensive here. Look I know where your boyfriend works is hard but out on the island in alot of areas they are nothing like that. anyway I like to stir the pot a bit and give different points a view,dont get so worked up next time.
Well, if everyone is overpaid, then the taxes and home prices would make sense and not be too difficult to handle, I suppose.

Viva la France.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:37 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,676,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Well, if everyone is overpaid, then the taxes and home prices would make sense and not be too difficult to handle, I suppose.

Viva la France.
?

Freedom Fries please

With a side order of WTF?
C

Old 08-14-2007, 10:02 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
?

Freedom Fries please

With a side order of WTF?
C
I've been including that in my posts of late. It's about as incoherent as some of the other commentary on this board.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post

Viva la France.
Alot of people are overpaid here and that is because of the cost of living. I know Deli people slicing bologna in your supermarkets making 70k with full med and dental and retirement paid for,with none out of pocket. Yea I know I will get somebody chimeing in saying no they dont, but yes they do I was a manager in the meatcutter union for 10 years [same union]. So you tell me rachaels boyfriend the teacher making 60k is underpaid for sure, bologna guy 70k wtf. I do mortgages and I see what people make every day you folks have no idea. If you only knew. People are buying houses and yes they can afford the payments. The difference years ago you could do it on one salary now you cant,but that is everywhere not just here. I will throw out different points of view some are excepted on here, some are not.I can handle that but do not tell me everyone cant afford to live hear. some cant afford it yes but that is everywhere.move to tennessee yea the houses are cheaper and taxes are cheaper,but you dont make as much money, so you are in the same boat it is simple math I see it all the time. This Island of ours is never going to be a retirement community that is why we used to have florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island