Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,152,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
When I see no pictures of kitchens or bathrooms, it makes me as a shopper think that means the bathroom is a remodel in waiting and therefore money out of my pocket, and time with having no bathrooom while it's remodeled, which at this point in my life I want no part of. I'll pay the markup on the house that's updated....for all that i know it may have pink tile and lineoleum, I at least need to be able to tell from a picture if it is passable.

The 2 things that make me immediately turn off to a house even more than seeing a dated kitchen or bathroom in pictures, is no pictures of the aforementioned. Why am I going to waste my time looking at a house that probably has a disaster that needs to be fixed? Now maybe the bathroom isn't really that bad but I have no way of knowing that.
I totally agree with you! At least one bathroom should be shown, regardless of condition - the potential buyers will always assume the worst if they don't see a photo; same with the kitchen. Depending on the size and condition of the house and property, I usually take between 25-50 photos and then pick the ones that make the house and property look best ; that's (part of) my job as the listing agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 12:45 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,760,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
There's a house for sale in GC and it's a flip...I know the owners....and it's funny the things you notice when you've owned a few houses. None of the bathrooms in this house (there are pix of all the baths) have vanity or medicine cabinets....it jumped right out at me - no storage in any of the bathrooms. It's a cheaper way to do a flip - pedestal sinks and mirrors over the sinks. But the bathrooms are so nice in the pix that most people won't notice.
I have buyers who recently bought a house in which there was no electical outlet at all in the bathroom. None of us noticed it until the home inspector pointed it out.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:51 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,413,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
I have buyers who recently bought a house in which there was no electical outlet at all in the bathroom. None of us noticed it until the home inspector pointed it out.
Wow, that's strange. You must see quite a bit of quirky stuff in your job!

Old 08-18-2011, 12:53 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:

Talk about a dodgey remodel. Would make me think that there are many things sight unseen to be worried about in that house.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:55 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,152,789 times
Quote:

In some of the older homes the only place you would find them, is when the owners put in a lightfixture over the vanity that included an outlet. One of the bathrooms in my first house was like that and the house was not that old - built in the 50s.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM

939 posts, read 2,311,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I bet you can fit 2 people on that toilet.
i hate pooping alone

Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,760,727 times
It actually was not that recent an update and people were living there. It's not an expensive fix, but it was just odd.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:05 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFD240 View Post
i hate pooping alone

Old 08-18-2011, 01:22 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
It is always interesting to look at the "street view" of houses before investing any driving time as so often the house next door is boarded up or there is run down commercial property that wasn't shown in the photos. It really is best to not rely on anything but your own eyes when it comes to commissioned sales people.

I too get suspicious when no photos are shown of certain rooms. I can't see the bones of a house when they are excluded. Some declared as remodeled look worse than an average thrift store.

Now, there are more listings with only one photo and notes about contacting they realtor for info. What is that all about? It feels like just a hook to get your info to sell you something else.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:37 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Thanks. If I was selling a house and saw the pictures that some of these realtors put up, I'd be pulling my listing the next day. Distorted by wide angles, terrible lighting..maybe some of this is the homeowners doing. WTF IS YOUR DOG DOING IN THE PICTURE? Do you think that's a selling point? Holy .........
Too funny!
Just think, the fleas and diseases are free.
Not very professional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island