Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 12:03 PM

748 posts, read 2,887,208 times

Advertisements

Old Westbury's median household is more than 200k.. so the could explain the averaging. But old westbury is a different zip-code, and a different village. I do not see how they could be combined, since they are as different as brookville and westbury.

I think the village of westbury's median is more than 100k. I do not find that hard to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 01:58 PM

228 posts, read 810,037 times
Westbury was chosen as a central place in Nassau... The article mentions open space in Old Westbury Gardens, the Museum in Roslyn, Beach Acess, and proximity to the City, and the Airports... They are not saying Westbury along Post Ave, specifically... They are more saying that living in westbury makes you not too far from anywhere in Nassau... It was listed as number 13 last year, so I wonder why it dropped this year...

Old 08-23-2011, 07:39 AM

38 posts, read 76,665 times
The other thing is that the people with blinders on -- who insist that things must return to the way it "used to be," rather than the needs of today -- can't see that all the apartment construction near Post Avenue is FANTASTIC for young singles. They don't have to pay NYC rents, or if they do, they at least get a hell of a lot more space. They can have a car. They can walk to the train. There are a few good restaurants on Post Avenue they can walk to. And so on. And yes, they're near the beach, Old Westbury, etc. But there are just too many people who can't see that, because since it's not the Westbury of 1967, well, then it's no good. Check the calendar; things change!!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:46 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,875,457 times
see this forum doesn't know everything!

Old 08-25-2011, 11:05 AM

222 posts, read 892,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJFM View Post
Old Westbury's median household is more than 200k.. so the could explain the averaging. But old westbury is a different zip-code, and a different village. I do not see how they could be combined, since they are as different as brookville and westbury.

I think the village of westbury's median is more than 100k. I do not find that hard to believe.
People simple go by what they think or might have heard. There are several sections with MHI incomes well over $100K....I've attached a link to where I reside. Incomes are more inline with upper middle income areas.

Quite honestly it's still probably low because I know what it takes to live comfortably on LI and even with a HHI between $225 - $240K I'm still not altogether comfortable.

Birchwood Knolls | Best Places To Live In NY - New York Daily News

Old 08-25-2011, 11:18 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageOfWestbury View Post
People simple go by what they think or might have heard. There are several sections with MHI incomes well over $100K....I've attached a link to where I reside. Incomes are more inline with upper middle income areas.

Quite honestly it's still probably low because I know what it takes to live comfortably on LI and even with a HHI between $225 - $240K I'm still not altogether comfortable.

Birchwood Knolls | Best Places To Live In NY - New York Daily News
The article was stressing areas with a large proportion of singles with "high income," not families.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:31 PM

863 posts, read 2,107,322 times
Someone alert Jonnywestbery that the people he hates are probably making more than he is

Old 08-25-2011, 01:25 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,428 times
This thread is a reminder of how much perception counts for a lot more then reality on forums.

Westbury is a nice place to live and has only gotten better in the past 10 years. Even New Cassel has been on an up swing.

Maybe all this good news has been hidden to the rest of long Island behind all the brown/back faces.

I notice no matter what good news comes out about certain neighborhoods, most of the replies are about how it could not be true. No matter how objective the report.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:37 PM

222 posts, read 892,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
This thread is a reminder of how much perception counts for a lot more then reality on forums.

Westbury is a nice place to live and has only gotten better in the past 10 years. Even New Cassel has been on an up swing.

Maybe all this good news has been hidden to the rest of long Island behind all the brown/back faces.

I notice no matter what good news comes out about certain neighborhoods, most of the replies are about how it could not be true. No matter how objective the report.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island