Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 03:11 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
Commerical property school tax-no school kids
Summer only school tax -no school kids
every property owners pays school taxes thats why in NYC home taxes are low because of commerical business pay taxes and do not send kids to school.
West Oak and commerical properties are a gold mine school taxes no kids going to school
Exactly. Those seasonal homeowners are paying taxes to the Connetquot school district just like my in-laws do on their house -- regardless of the fact that they haven't had children in the district for 30+ years. Being that they are 1) down at the water, and 2) paying taxes to Connetquot schools, Connetquot extends to the bay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 03:32 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,384 times
Quote:
Can you tell me of one?
Lake Panamoka in Ridge. When it was seasonal it was in Shoreham/wading river district, when it transitioned to mostly year round it became part of Longwood.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:41 AM

880 posts, read 2,024,928 times
OBH
You have proven my point Connetquot goes to the bay in Oakdale not in W Saville or Sayville you live in sayville SOM you go to Sayville schools.Go back to Walters first map he says W Sayville sayville SOM go to Connetquot.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times
Quote:
Go back to Walters first map he says W Sayville sayville SOM go to Connetquot.
That would be the Hamlet of West Sayville and the Hamlet of Sayville, which are different from the "West Sayville, NY 11796" and "Sayville, NY 11782" ZIP Code postal zones, and the maps of the respective school districts are overlayed over the map of the hamlets, not the ZIP Code postal zones, and are directly from the U.S. Census Bureau and confirmed by the Suffolk County Planning Department.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:07 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,086 times
Walter your wrong Kids south of montauk highway in Sayville go to Sayville schools. F$%k the census bureau. How are you going to sit here and tell people where they live and where their children attended school? Do you even live on LI or just preach about the geography.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
F$%k the census bureau.
I guess you want to f%k the Suffolk County Planning Department as well, huh?

http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/upload/planning/pdfs2/maps/2009_pdf/schools1.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-25-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
I guess you want to f%k the Suffolk County Planning Department as well, huh?

http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/upload/planning/pdfs2/maps/2009_pdf/schools1.pdf (broken link)

So you seriously beleive that people are sending their kids to the wrong school? Actually about 90% of Sayville goes to Sayville schools. The only part i have ever heard of going to conetquot was the areas west of lakeland up by the golf course around Island Blvd. Other than that, sorry - Sayville. Just answer me one question please - Where do the majority of people living in Sayville attend school? Where did I go to school?? since you seem to know better than the people that actually live their.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
OBH
You have proven my point Connetquot goes to the bay in Oakdale not in W Saville or Sayville you live in sayville SOM you go to Sayville schools.Go back to Walters first map he says W Sayville sayville SOM go to Connetquot.
How? I never wrote the names of towns, villages or hamlets; only a school district. School district, zip, and municipality boundaries are not always the same.

Does it really upset you that much that a snippet of W Sayville lies in Connetquot SD?

Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Where does the majority of people living in Sayville attend school?
The maps that I can access are overlayed over census communities (cities, villages and hamlets) and only show "area", not "population", within a specific school district.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
The maps that I can access are overlayed over census communities (cities, villages and hamlets) and only show "area", not "population", within a specific school district.

K. If I live smack on Lincoln ave in the middle of Sayville - Where do I go to school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island