Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 02:14 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
With young kids you need to be looking ahead... As the unsustainable costs to run these financially broken districts continue and our wonderful political machine continues to attack the public sector, the quality of the education is going to suffer. Especially in the tax crushed areas of LI, NJ, etc. My sister is an asst principal for a middle of the road LI district. She's already seeing the impact with the new breed of teachers coming in making a fraction of the overall compensation package from just 10 years ago. What is it going to be like when your 6 year old first grader is in 11th grade 10 years from now? Less and less coming in, with more and more needing to go out every year… The schools are already falling apart physically. The administration isn't far behind.
What teachers' union alllowed their newer members to get a FRACTION of the compensation package given a decade ago? The teachers' unions on LI have given VERY LITTLE ... maybe raises in how much they pay towards medical ... let alone given way so much that the new members are earning a FRACTION of what the rest of the teachers from a decade ago got as new hires. Are you trying to "scare" us into keeping your sister in the dough? Or into joining you in Tarnation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 09:31 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Yeah and how many people are RUNNING to go live in their number 1 pick, Edmond, Oklahoma????? Raise your hands, all who CANNOT WAIT to set up their home in Edmond, OK!!!! And Midlothian is six times less desirable than that. LOL.

The people who compile these silly arbitrary lists probably don't even visit 1 let alone all of the locations on their idiotic lists. Anyone who believes in them is even more idiotic than the writers.

What constitutes a desirable area to you

I'm surrounded by beautiful new homes, great people, low taxes, one of the best school district in the state, open spaces, beautiful parks, mild winters, low COL, lowest employment rate in the nation, no traffic, congestion, garbage, empty golf courses, beautiful modern buildings, new infrastructure, no crime, etc,etc, just like the article said

Take a look at this forum L.I'ers are the most cynical,depressed,angry,frustrated people in the country. They're constantly complaining about everything under the sun. You included But yet you put everyone down that doesn't live on L.I., like life doesn't exist outside of N.Y. Sometimes I don't understand the logic and I guess I never will. Life is good when you have nothing to complain about, remember that.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:27 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
Midlo is bad?
Feel bad for all those folks over there pretending to be happy.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:49 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Midlo folks just wish they were in the west end...

Old 09-18-2011, 01:39 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
What constitutes a desirable area to you

I'm surrounded by beautiful new homes, great people, low taxes, one of the best school district in the state, open spaces, beautiful parks, mild winters, low COL, lowest employment rate in the nation, no traffic, congestion, garbage, empty golf courses, beautiful modern buildings, new infrastructure, no crime, etc,etc, just like the article said

Take a look at this forum L.I'ers are the most cynical,depressed,angry,frustrated people in the country. They're constantly complaining about everything under the sun. You included But yet you put everyone down that doesn't live on L.I., like life doesn't exist outside of N.Y. Sometimes I don't understand the logic and I guess I never will. Life is good when you have nothing to complain about, remember that.
But think how much happier you'd be in the #1 pick, Edmond, Oklahoma!

I think if we moved there, none of us would have anything to complain about again for the rest of our lives!

Old 09-18-2011, 02:34 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
Except about missing bagels, pizza, family, the shadow of NYC, traffic and high taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island