U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-23-2011, 04:06 PM

3,649 posts, read 3,475,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Sure, we have our issues here in the good ol' USA but China? Really? Weed = execution? Yup, that is where I want to live.
It's not that uncommon, there are many nations that have a policy of executing people for drug possession. In Singapore the penalty for simple drug possession is death by hanging. Most of these nations are in Asia or the Middle East (not surprisingly. Several former British colonies in the Caribbean also have the death penalty for drugs although it's very rare for someone to actually be executed since the British Judicial Committee of Privy Council remains the highest court of appeals and they normally refuse to allow them to execute people.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 07:10 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,882,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
It's not that uncommon, there are many nations that have a policy of executing people for drug possession. In Singapore the penalty for simple drug possession is death by hanging. Most of these nations are in Asia or the Middle East (not surprisingly. Several former British colonies in the Caribbean also have the death penalty for drugs although it's very rare for someone to actually be executed since the British Judicial Committee of Privy Council remains the highest court of appeals and they normally refuse to allow them to execute people.

If you can show me the first person in the history of the world to OD on weed or start a war over weed I will agree 100% with you. Weed isnt the problem ever and if a government kills people over it then I guess that is a problem, to me anyway.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:30 PM

3,649 posts, read 3,475,074 times
Quote:
If you can show me the first person in the history of the world to OD on weed or start a war over weed I will agree 100% with you. Weed isnt the problem ever and if a government kills people over it then I guess that is a problem, to me anyway.
Ever meet a pothead?

Old 09-25-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Ever meet a pothead?
Yup. I know quite a few and they aren't any less successful than anyone else.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:42 PM

1,090 posts, read 777,624 times
Quote:
Yup. I know quite a few and they aren't any less successful than anyone else.
how in the World do you think That

Old 09-26-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
how in the World do you think That
Get over it guy. Its weed. Tell me why it is so bad for someone. They dont smoke it all day at work but they do enjoy it regularly. They are blue collar and white collar and they are fine. Alcohol is much worse for people but because it is legal you think that it is better for you?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:20 AM

3,939 posts, read 3,876,345 times
Quote:
Get over it guy. Its weed. Tell me why it is so bad for someone. They dont smoke it all day at work but they do enjoy it regularly. They are blue collar and white collar and they are fine. Alcohol is much worse for people but because it is legal you think that it is better for you?
Haven't you ever heard of this world-renowned documentary?

I live my life by its calling every day.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Haven't you ever heard of this world-renowned documentary?

I live my life by its calling every day.

I finally saw it a few months ago. Hillarious!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 AM

3,939 posts, read 3,876,345 times
Quote:
I finally saw it a few months ago. Hillarious!
Did you hear about the sequel?? It's a little more serious, maybe too serious.

Here's a summary: Drug Enforcement Administration Home

Old 09-26-2011, 10:37 PM

111 posts, read 86,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post

Here's how I finally got rid of him and what I suggest you do as well - ask him if you can get a bag of marijuana, pay for it and after he sells it to you take it right down to your local police precinct and show the officers on duty. Tell them you JUST purchased this bag of marijuana from a major drug dealer in your neighborhood and would like to report it as a crime. They will drive right back to the scene and throw him in jail. Showing them the drugs is irrefutable evidence of a crime!
This is the biggest load of non-sense I've ever heard. I don't believe for a minute you ever did such a thing.

" Showing them the drugs is irrefutable evidence of a crime. "

That only works on tv shows my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island