Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 01:41 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,056,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I am just super glad I don't have my neighbors spying on me.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 03:27 PM

796 posts, read 1,755,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
People need to understand why Long Island has evolved into what it is today. People came out to Long Island to avoid the overcrowding, crime and poor quality of life in New York City ... racism was not necessarily part of the equation but there is an undeniable link between increased minority population and increased crime. People came here so that their kids could get a better education, live with a higher quality of life. These beliefs have been passed on down the generations. Again, it's not about race ... it's about their culture and beliefs. Groups arent bad because they are minorities or because they are poor or whatever, they are bad because their culture is messed up and many of these groups have no concept of personal responsibility and well being. White, Black, Hispanic, or Asian - no group is perfect.

Long Island is a country within a nation, complete with it's own history, culture, and way of life. Deal with it and move on. We are not New York City and we don't want to be like and look like New York City. Yes, racism is bad. Everyone is an individual human being. However as I said, this isent a racial issue ... it's a cultural issue.
Levittown was one of the first suburban communities in Nassau County and the first of four "Levittowns" in the Northeast region. At its creation in the late 1940s, blacks were not allowed to live in them (but this was reversed by Dwight D Eisenhower after Brown vs Board of Education in 1954). To respond to your question, there was political segregation involved in the settling of suburban Long Island.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:22 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,971,473 times
You know, the more I think about it, the more creepy this guy sounds. Leaving everything vague, no details, constant updates on certain things.. makes me think someone needs to file for a restraining order.

OP, are you legally confined to your abode? Is there a reason why you choose to spy on everyone?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:27 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,705,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinuzzo View Post
Levittown was one of the first suburban communities in Nassau County and the first of four "Levittowns" in the Northeast region. At its creation in the late 1940s, blacks were not allowed to live in them (but this was reversed by Dwight D Eisenhower after Brown vs Board of Education in 1954). To respond to your question, there was political segregation involved in the settling of suburban Long Island.
WRONG.

Dwight D Eisenhower had nothing to do with overturning the clause which prevented minority families from purchasing in Levittown,NY, nor did Brown v BoE.

Shelley v. Kraemer 1948
From a more detailed article on the case:
"Racial restrictive covenants were common at one time in many American cities. Many old deeds still contain these restrictions, though Shelley v. Kraemer made them unenforceable."

Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 PM

909 posts, read 1,836,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
You know, the more I think about it, the more creepy this guy sounds. Leaving everything vague, no details, constant updates on certain things.. makes me think someone needs to file for a restraining order.

OP, are you legally confined to your abode? Is there a reason why you choose to spy on everyone?

It's reefer madness in Bellmore!!

Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,465 times
Jus' wanna shout-out to my buddy, sean,sean,sean,sean! Dude, where were you when the Onion was calling for fresh talent?
You coulda made a killing! Yeah, I'm buzzin', Natty Ice and Kush Diesel tonight, but no matter how far into space my mind may go,
I connected with your comment, (going to the precinct), it was a pearl and truly designed for the higher mind, the National Lampoon
readers and those gifted with insight. I saw responses to your comment which surprised me greatly, there were some who really took
you seriously, even pointing out those very reasons why only a fool would deal with an issue like drug dealing in the neighborhood, by
following your advice, your example. I have lost a modicum of faith in the mentality of some people who will believe almost anything
that they read, never looking deep enough, or knowing you well enough to see that foremost among your laudable character attributes,
is wit, humor, and well placed sarcasm. Well done, sean,sean,sean,sean.

me'thinks like a few others, -the OP is trolling...

Old 06-18-2012, 10:22 PM

372 posts, read 740,381 times
This thread is about drugs and crime in Bellmore, and people are bringing up "minorities" (blacks) and desegregation. HILARIOUS!

Old 06-19-2012, 05:36 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
It's reefer madness in Bellmore!!
It really is though! Bellmore has gotten really bad in the last couple of years.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:08 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,996,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
It really is though! Bellmore has gotten really bad in the last couple of years.
Yes, when I go to Piccolo or my dentist or International Cafe I weep uncontrollably at the degradation and dereliction of poor squalid Bellmore, NY.

I'd call this entire thread premise retarded if it wasn't politically insensitive and an insult to the actual developmentally disabled.

Bellmore is EVERY village on LI. Yes, there is a drug epidemic. It's been going on since 1960 and has exploded with prescription opiates (thank you, pharmaceutical lobby, weak-kneed politicos and a bogus "War on Drugs") . Welcome to America.

Last edited by mongoose65; 06-19-2012 at 08:03 AM..

Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 AM

909 posts, read 1,836,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Perhaps you are just getting older and forgetting the past. There has always been heavy drugs on LI. I've heard plenty of stories from my old boss about trips to the Hamptons with ounces of coke, sandwich bags filled with speed, qualudes and who knows what else. I remember when I was in HS I knew a few people doing Acid before class even started. Prescription pills are a big problem these days. I have a friend who finally went to rehab to end his 15 years of abuse of painkillers. I truly believe that parents have to take a large portion of the blame for the drug problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island