U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2011, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Smithtown, NY
1,600 posts, read 3,031,752 times
Reputation: 1014

Advertisements

So these two animals both decided to plead guilty in the face of overwhelming evidence. While we will not have to deal with a trial, we will be paying to keep them alive for decades. The death penalty would be well suited for these two.

That Brady was not charged with murder as she could have been under NY law is disappointing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-09-2011, 07:38 AM
 
184 posts, read 686,135 times
Reputation: 88
Hopefully this gives the families of the victims some peace and they don't have to deal with a long drawn out trial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Sound Beach
2,160 posts, read 6,539,510 times
Reputation: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
So these two animals both decided to plead guilty in the face of overwhelming evidence. While we will not have to deal with a trial, we will be paying to keep them alive for decades. The death penalty would be well suited for these two.

That Brady was not charged with murder as she could have been under NY law is disappointing.
It still confuses me how she could not be charged with more. How is she not accessory to murder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 08:47 AM
 
137 posts, read 218,034 times
Reputation: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInLI View Post
Hopefully this gives the families of the victims some peace and they don't have to deal with a long drawn out trial.
Yes, at the very least there's that. Those families have been through enough already. Amazing and disgusting how much damage two useless pill-heads can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Smithtown, NY
1,600 posts, read 3,031,752 times
Reputation: 1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei27 View Post
It still confuses me how she could not be charged with more. How is she not accessory to murder?
The only reason I cas think of is that she was co-operative with the DA's office. But with all the evidence that was recovered why was her co-operation important enough to lessen the charges against her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
1,474 posts, read 2,402,037 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei27 View Post
It still confuses me how she could not be charged with more. How is she not accessory to murder?
She wasn't charged with murder because she didn't know (so she claims) that her husband was going to kill people. She thought it was going to be a robbery. I would assume that the DA decided it would be in everybody's best interests to let her plead to the lesser charges and save everybody time, money, and grief as opposed to trying to prove she knew this was going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Smithtown, NY
1,600 posts, read 3,031,752 times
Reputation: 1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
She wasn't charged with murder because she didn't know (so she claims) that her husband was going to kill people. She thought it was going to be a robbery. I would assume that the DA decided it would be in everybody's best interests to let her plead to the lesser charges and save everybody time, money, and grief as opposed to trying to prove she knew this was going to happen.
She doesn't have to know that he was going to kill. She was a willing participant in a planned robbery where someone was murdered, she can be charged with murder.

Whatever the reason, maybe they will both get a little Jeffery Dahmer type justice in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 10:18 AM
 
9,905 posts, read 12,980,778 times
Reputation: 5464
I would just really like to see an interview (uncompensated of course) with this loser so I can get my head around why he killed all these people and escalated a simple robbery into a mass killing. The guy must have had some psychotic tendencies prior to becoming a drug addict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 11:42 AM
 
94 posts, read 213,536 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
She doesn't have to know that he was going to kill. She was a willing participant in a planned robbery where someone was murdered, she can be charged with murder.

Whatever the reason, maybe they will both get a little Jeffery Dahmer type justice in prison.
Most likely they will both be in Protective Custody in Prison (Segregated form General Population) due to the High profile nature of their crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
1,474 posts, read 2,402,037 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
She doesn't have to know that he was going to kill. She was a willing participant in a planned robbery where someone was murdered, she can be charged with murder.

Whatever the reason, maybe they will both get a little Jeffery Dahmer type justice in prison.
That is entirely false. Don't you think the prosecution would want to get her for murder in a high profile case like this if they could? She WAS a willing participant in an planned robbery, hence the long sentence she is going to receive, but she is not guilty of murder, nor can she be tried for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top