Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:07 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,673,139 times

Advertisements

then the world....or maybe just Rocky Point...

Parking illegally in Massapequa Park? Even with no officers in sight, you will be watched -- from the pavement below.
And you could be fined.
Village trustees Monday approved a two-month, no-cost trial to embed electronic sensors in 50 spots near the Park Boulevard business center. The sensors notify code enforcement officers of illegally parked cars.
When a vehicle stops over a sensor, the wireless disc transmits a signal to officers' cellphones. With real-time notification, the officer can then go to the site to issue a warning or a $25 ticket. The village, without any meters, now relies on four patrolling officers, typically two per shift, to monitor parking problems.

Isnt this a wonderful example of using modern technology. Can't wait until they install speeding technology soon.

Obey the rules.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 04:16 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,987,442 times
Scam

Old 09-27-2011, 04:58 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,175,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Obey the rules.....
... because the Nanny State is watching!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:08 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,718,438 times
Red light cameras, tickets settled online, parking sensors, speed sensors...

Technology is replacing millions of jobs. Before you know it, half the PD will be obsolete. I'm actually kinda surprised NYC (the ultimate nanny state with code enforcement officers that look & act like robots) doesn't have this already.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:36 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,793,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Red light cameras, tickets settled online, parking sensors, speed sensors...

Technology is replacing millions of jobs. Before you know it, half the PD will be obsolete. I'm actually kinda surprised NYC (the ultimate nanny state with code enforcement officers that look & act like robots) doesn't have this already.
we are living in a police state.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:06 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,553,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
then the world....or maybe just Rocky Point...

Parking illegally in Massapequa Park? Even with no officers in sight, you will be watched -- from the pavement below.
And you could be fined.
Village trustees Monday approved a two-month, no-cost trial to embed electronic sensors in 50 spots near the Park Boulevard business center. The sensors notify code enforcement officers of illegally parked cars.
When a vehicle stops over a sensor, the wireless disc transmits a signal to officers' cellphones. With real-time notification, the officer can then go to the site to issue a warning or a $25 ticket. The village, without any meters, now relies on four patrolling officers, typically two per shift, to monitor parking problems.

Isnt this a wonderful example of using modern technology. Can't wait until they install speeding technology soon.

Obey the rules.....
My former neighbor, Fat Vito, isn't going to be happy. He was the parking police of the block. He's going to want the code guys to wet his beak a little.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:39 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,941,236 times
As much as I hate the nanny state stuff, I think they would make a serious killing in Cedarhurst and help curb a lot of the parking problems.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Old 09-27-2011, 08:17 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,673,139 times
Considering there really arent any major parking issues in the Village this sounds totally unnecessary. The article points out one spot, in front of an Italian ice store, that has a right turn lane. You do occasionally have the moron that wont walk and does park there...but the Ice store is open only in the warmer months. I don't see why this is necessary. I just can't see those little old code enforcers racing in their cars to ticket someone who may only be illegally parking for a couple of minutes.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,718,438 times
This beats having parking meters, that's for sure.

Maybe Mass Park has a patent on this technology and all village residents will become millionaires from the royalties collected... not, but wishful thinking.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:16 AM

1,724 posts, read 4,012,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
My former neighbor, Fat Vito, isn't going to be happy. He was the parking police of the block. He's going to want the code guys to wet his beak a little.
Wet his beak......I love that line!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island