Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 03:53 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,797,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Yes but there is a deli within. I also agree about A&S pork store and yes the franklin Sq location is the best. The one in East Islip is good too.
thats like saying "best toy store" then saying "walmart in east meadow" is the best toy store. its a section within a store, not an entire store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 04:05 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,725,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
thats like saying "best toy store" then saying "walmart in east meadow" is the best toy store. its a section within a store, not an entire store.
It's really a huge Italian deli with a supermarket built around it. Have you ever stepped inside the Massapequa Uncle Guiseppe's? The meat, seafood, cheese & bakery section all compliment the half-football-field sized deli. It's quite impressive., the selection & quality is unsurpassed. Not sure on the E. Meadow location though, never been.

With A&S pork store, they are all pretty much the same between locations in my experience. Only thing that could possibly be different is the Franklin Square location being around the block from the Sapienza bread factory...which makes the best breads on LI. That's about it.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
It's really a huge Italian deli with a supermarket built around it. Have you ever stepped inside the Massapequa Uncle Guiseppe's? The meat, seafood, cheese & bakery section all compliment the half-football-field sized deli. It's quite impressive., the selection & quality is unsurpassed. Not sure on the E. Meadow location though, never been.

With A&S pork store, they are all pretty much the same between locations in my experience. Only thing that could possibly be different is the Franklin Square location being around the block from the Sapienza bread factory...which makes the best breads on LI. That's about it.

yes, I have been there, the deli is on one side but its just a section. if you go to some supermarkets, they are set up the same way. you wouldnt include, lets say "pathmark" because of its deli section because its in a supermarket.

I think I saw some kosher food in there as a matter of fact!

Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,725,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
..the deli is on one side but its just a section. if you go to some supermarkets, they are set up the same way. you wouldnt include, lets say "pathmark" because of its deli section because its in a supermarket.
If Pathmark had a deli like Uncle G, then yeah, you would. The model works actually. It's a small supermarket yet most people go there for the deli but can pick up everything else they need like veggies and stuff all in one place.
Your logic is backwards. A deli's a deli.
Just like the Apple Store in RF Mall, is an Apple Store.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
If Pathmark had a deli like Uncle G, then yeah, you would. The model works actually. It's a small supermarket yet most people go there for the deli but can pick up everything else they need like veggies and stuff all in one place.
Your logic is backwards. A deli's a deli.
Just like the Apple Store in RF Mall, is an Apple Store.
a deli is not a deli. the title says it all....."best italian deli", not "best italian supermarket with an italian deli".

Old 09-30-2011, 05:44 AM

629 posts, read 1,696,650 times
I don't know if it has the BEST deli or not - but every time I go into Uncle G's in Smithtown - I feel like I've been transported to Guinea heaven - especially on the weekends when they have the guy singing!

Old 09-30-2011, 05:46 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,490,686 times
Ardittos in mineola

Old 09-30-2011, 09:31 AM

20,866 posts, read 28,215,731 times
I have a hankering for salami, provolone, roasted red peppers, oil and vinegar on a hero now. But I won't give into that craving because I am not about to sabatage the 35 lbs I have lost.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:35 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,498,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
interesting. What are they doing diffenent there? Getting their sausage from different pigs? Counter girls in tank tops? Selling weed out the back door?
I like their fresh mozz better - they make these knots out of the cheese, they're just about perfect. Not too much different otherwise. Actually the Merrick location has slightly better steaks.

Not quite sure what the relationship is between the stores - same owner? Selling the name? La Bottega did the latter and there's a huge quality difference from one location to another. The original in Garden City South is really good, as is the one in Syosset, but I've not been happy with other locations.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:17 AM

20,866 posts, read 28,215,731 times
Anyone know of any good Italian deli's in brooklyn??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island