Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 11:58 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,237,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana515 View Post
Interesting..there should be a webpage with a simple description of each town like this one mentioned above...holbrook-all residential poorly laid out.low taxes, nice homes..etc....I would expect to see little shopping in centre island or eatons neck but not in the middle of the island...i drive through 347 and think there's just too many shopping centers and that's what this island has become..more places spring up each day to spend our money..its no wonder we have none.....oh look they are building another bank..another fast food restaurant..how many do we need..when's the last time you went to a bank and tehy said...we have enough customers thanks...
I can't do most of my shopping in Kings Park but it has a nice mix of small stores and plenty of scenery and Smithtown and Commack are an easy drive so it makes it a good place to live..err...rent...I guess you do get something for your taxes huh...if you paid an extra 1000 a year you'd get a movie theater and stop n shop and a
actually..i see there' a sunvet mall. is that still open?
Doesn't Holbrook have some large apartment complexes with questionable characters residing in them? It's not good to live near one of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 01:56 PM

195 posts, read 309,781 times
I like time warps! I can't wait to go see it!...mmm...pancakes! I haven't been there since the 80s...i expect to see alot of brown and orange in there!

Must be similar to the deserted centereach mall where Plaza Sports used to be (that was the only store I ever went to in there)
Someone else answered my question about the houses outside of NE village. I do not like narrow streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
LOL you are right sun vet mall is very 1970's. Look at the pancake cottage..decent food with 1970's decor.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 827 times
My daughter and son in law are considering buying a house on Lake Terrace road, in Ronkonkoma. Can any one tell me about the area? What are the taxes? Is it a safe town for children? How is the sachem school district?

Old 01-06-2013, 02:03 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,108,063 times
For a couple just starting out i'd also suggest the north isle community (coram) as well as bretton woods and village in the woods (co-ops in selden). you can also do some good searches at MLSLI.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island