U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-19-2011, 12:27 PM

1,152 posts, read 980,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
If it's at the mall, then it would be in East Massapequa ("Massapequa, NY 11758" mailing address).

um......ok?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 12:29 PM

1,152 posts, read 980,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
what would you prefer instead? check cashing joints? rub and tugs? chinese take out places?
another movie theater would be nice. thats where the gym is going, btw, where the old theater was.

Theres been talks of another theater coming to the mall for years but no deal has ever been struck.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:30 PM

1,096 posts, read 818,165 times
need to Help all the the Fat overweight Soccer Moms Don"t we?

Old 10-19-2011, 12:33 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,955,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Congrats on getting a post in without using "snob" in it...certainly something you can be proud of.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:38 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,509,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
don't forget the pretty young things who ignore you...

Old 10-19-2011, 04:52 PM

3,686 posts, read 4,195,393 times
We need a new gym because we are all fat in east, north,south, west, up, down and in between massapequa with zip codes 11762, 11758 etc etc etc

Thanks to geography lessons here i know where my fat butt resides

Old 10-20-2011, 06:18 AM

452 posts, read 403,889 times
Levittown has four. Synergy, planet fitness, ballys Jack lalane, and la fitness.

Massapequa also has women's workout center on Merrick rd.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:21 AM

452 posts, read 403,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
If it's at the mall, then it would be in East Massapequa ("Massapequa, NY 11758" mailing address).
So I guess Massapequa should redirect all that tax revenue to amityville?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:49 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,199,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Congrats on getting a post in without using "snob" in it...certainly something you can be proud of.
Now if he could just figure out 1st grade punctuation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
another movie theater would be nice. thats where the gym is going, btw, where the old theater was.

Theres been talks of another theater coming to the mall for years but no deal has ever been struck.
Not the worst idea in the world, but there's two theaters within 5 minutes up on RT 110.

You've got 80,000 people in all the Massapequas. Maybe they like to take care of themselves in the gym? Could be a lot worse than fitness clubs in these locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
So I guess Massapequa should redirect all that tax revenue to amityville?
Amityville??

Old 10-20-2011, 09:55 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,657,959 times
So, since we seem to have a virtual cornucopia of gyms in the Massapequa/Massapequa Park area, would any of you be able to give me some recommendations? Some of you know the deal, but I've had to move back to LI to look after my parents. Therefore, I'm not worried about places that have late hours since I can pop out for an hour or so during the day. I'm a pretty basic sort of gal who likes to jump on a treadmill and do a HI type workout. I also use the very light (!) weights and medicine balls.

I'd probably prefer a woman's only place - but due to the hours I can visit - that's not going to be a big issue. I'm definitely not looking for a pick-up joint nor a place that blasts loud music. Me and my own iPod are a pretty happy little team! I'm not overly concerned with locker room/showers since I'll be blowing in for an hour and then trotting quickly back to the parents. If I had to admit to one weakness, it would be to find a place that maybe had a yoga class. Given my current caregiver responsibilities, I think that would really chill me out.

I'm loathe to get into a long-term agreement (even a year) since to be quite frank, I have no idea how long my current situation is going to continue. And due to my forced unemployment while looking after the 'rents, I'd prefer this be kept on the lower side of the price scale.

I think I've pretty much covered all my bases on what would work best for me. Now the question is - does it exist? Thanks so much for any of your recommendations. Since time is something I have an abundance of (and Mom loves her little car excursions), I have no trouble in stopping in to check out any place you guys think my suit me. Also, if you feel I should be just looking to get a treadmill for the 'rents house - let me know that too. But I actually think a daily break in my schedule outside is a good thing.

Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island