U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-27-2011, 03:08 PM

15,856 posts, read 17,126,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Not afraid- just nothing there of interest..unless your interested in hobos, overpriced fast food, and dirty stores that are about the size of my walk in closets. Keep it.

Imagine growing up without trees and grass? Hell there is a "fresh air" program that takes kids out of the city for the summers to live with families in the suburbs. (Suffolk)

Why would they bother with this if the city was oh so perfect and wonderful and the suburbs was such a dump? do us all a favor, pack your bags and move there already if it is so fabulous and beloved to you.
HOBOS! I love that old-timey word. Do the HOBOS out in Suffolk walk around with their belongs tied in a little bandana on a stick they carry over their shoulder?

There is that thing called "Central Park" in Manhattan. Plus there are parks all over the 5 boroughs.

As for the Fresh Air Fund, please note families in NASSAU also take kids for the summer. It is by no means only Suffolk.

Who said the suburbs are a dump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 PM

1,794 posts, read 1,356,427 times
I prefer "boxcar willies" myself.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
I take it you don't have high standards when it comes to cultural enrichment or entertainment?
We don't need no stinkin' cultural enrichment and entertainment ... ESPECIALLY if it's in NYC!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 03:15 PM

3,231 posts, read 3,811,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
We don't need no stinkin' cultural enrichment and entertainment ... ESPECIALLY if it's in NYC!!!
seems like he's not one for fancy book learnin' either...

Old 10-27-2011, 03:17 PM

839 posts, read 800,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Not afraid- just nothing there of interest..unless your interested in hobos, overpriced fast food, and dirty stores that are about the size of my walk in closets. Keep it.

Imagine growing up without trees and grass? Hell there is a "fresh air" program that takes kids out of the city for the summers to live with families in the suburbs. (Suffolk)

Why would they bother with this if the city was oh so perfect and wonderful and the suburbs was such a dump? do us all a favor, pack your bags and move there already if it is so fabulous and beloved to you.
The ‘70s are over. They've even cleaned up Times Square and gotten rid of those squeegee guys too.

I guess they'll be closing down all of those world famous museums and theaters since there's "just nothing there of interest"...

Old 10-27-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
seems like he's not one for fancy book learnin' either...
Ah, that's fer citified sissies! I'll take the College of Hard Knocks anyday!

Old 10-27-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The ‘70s are over. They've even cleaned up Times Square and gotten rid of those squeegee guys too.

I guess they'll be closing down all of those world famous museums and theaters since there's "just nothing there of interest"...
When are the tourists from all over the world going to find out? I'm tired of giving them directions and snapping photos of them. I'm tired of them standing in my way looking up at the tall buildings. I'm tired of them looking at me like I'm a part of the tourist attraction from their perches atop the tour buses! Why can't these darn tourists have some sense and realize there is nothing worthwhile here? Dummies. All dummies! (Any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental. No similarity to any person either living or dead is intended or should be inferred. For more information, please look up the definition of composite character.)

Old 10-27-2011, 04:23 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,185,480 times
Quote:
When are the tourists from all over the world going to find out? I'm tired of giving them directions and snapping photos of them. I'm tired of them standing in my way looking up at the tall buildings. I'm tired of them looking at me like I'm a part of the tourist attraction from their perches atop the tour buses! Why can't these darn tourists have some sense and realize there is nothing worthwhile here? Dummies. All dummies! (Any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental. No similarity to any person either living or dead is intended or should be inferred. For more information, please look up the definition of composite character.)

Do you actually speak the english language or? you all take it wayyyy further then it is and go off on hissy fits.

Manhattan is a hole. Queens is overrun with foreigners (as is much of Nassau now) and Brooklyn and the Bronx should just be blown off the map. Nothing you super intelligent know it alls tell me will change my opinion.

maybe if I feel like spending 3 grand a month on a studio to walk outside and see a guy pissing on my building, i'll pick up and rent a big ol closet (oops i mean apartment) in Manhattan. Sorry I like land. Central park is a joke you cant seriously count that.

and when will all the tourists find out? who the hell cares? they are all foreigners too who see NYC on tv and havent a clue. They probably whiped there @ss with leaves before they even came to this country so thats meaningless to me as well. Fcck cares about tourists.

Montauk is a tourist spot too - check it out sometime, unless you need to be surrounded by filth and noise at all times.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:44 PM

1,098 posts, read 913,502 times
Quote:

especially When its from Every Other Country But America

Old 10-27-2011, 05:02 PM

^^^
Wow! I've been whipped thoroughly! You two are a good tag team!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island