Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 05:59 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,754,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Manhattan is a hole.
what cities do you consider to be worth visiting?
Quote:
Queens is overrun with foreigners (as is much of Nassau now)
yup, ZERO illegals in Suffolk. That whole Farmingville thing was just a media creation!
Quote:
and Brooklyn and the Bronx should just be blown off the map.
staring to notice a trend here. In addition to "big words"...something tells me you struggle with people who might look a little different than you.
Quote:
Nothing you super intelligent know it alls tell me will change my opinion.
why would we want to change your opinion? Mocking your misinformed, narrow-minded, and incorrect take on things has been such a hoot...

I can't wait to here your "opinion" on other topics. Please post more often!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,356 times
S.i.B

the only City worth Going to is Las Vegas
NYC is Just for Shoppers = Women

Old 10-27-2011, 08:45 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,270,219 times
Please try to be more civil to each other or we will have to close another thread. Thanks.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-28-2011, 07:21 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,243,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
seems like he's not one for fancy book learnin' either...
So true

Old 10-28-2011, 07:43 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,751,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Please try to be more civil to each other or we will have to close another thread. Thanks.

Alright.

We wouldn't want this 19 pages of nonsense to end...please do close it - I tried to end it 3 or 4 pages ago. These Nassau/Suffolk battles are a bit old and childish ya think?

Although when you look up citydata forums - it says it is a forum occupied by "mature, wealthy adults" lol. Guess they never scanned the LI forum!

Old 10-28-2011, 09:22 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,022 times
Quote:
Do you actually speak the english language or? you all take it wayyyy further then it is and go off on hissy fits.

Manhattan is a hole. Queens is overrun with foreigners (as is much of Nassau now) and Brooklyn and the Bronx should just be blown off the map. Nothing you super intelligent know it alls tell me will change my opinion.

maybe if I feel like spending 3 grand a month on a studio to walk outside and see a guy pissing on my building, i'll pick up and rent a big ol closet (oops i mean apartment) in Manhattan. Sorry I like land. Central park is a joke you cant seriously count that.

and when will all the tourists find out? who the hell cares? they are all foreigners too who see NYC on tv and havent a clue. They probably whiped there @ss with leaves before they even came to this country so thats meaningless to me as well. Fcck cares about tourists.

Montauk is a tourist spot too - check it out sometime, unless you need to be surrounded by filth and noise at all times.
Sounds like a Bill Joel song:

"...They said that Queens could stay
And blew the Bronx away
And sank Manhattan out at sea"

How about all those culture type thingys they have in NYC, art, music, dance, theater, opera?

As for the rest with the foreigners and the leaves? WOW.

The substance in your comments is quite revealing as to the person behind them.

Do you have a lot of white sheets at your house?

Old 10-28-2011, 09:27 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,022 times
Quote:
Alright.

We wouldn't want this 19 pages of nonsense to end...please do close it - I tried to end it 3 or 4 pages ago. These Nassau/Suffolk battles are a bit old and childish ya think?

Although when you look up citydata forums - it says it is a forum occupied by "mature, wealthy adults" lol. Guess they never scanned the LI forum!
You could use this word to describe others or the discussions on the forum after your post - # 178?

Old 10-28-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Sounds like a Bill Joel song:

"...They said that Queens could stay
And blew the Bronx away
And sank Manhattan out at sea"

How about all those culture type thingys they have in NYC, art, music, dance, theater, opera?

As for the rest with the foreigners and the leaves? WOW.

The substance in your comments is quite revealing as to the person behind them.

Do you have a lot of white sheets at your house?
Yup hang em from my bedposts. Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy boy.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:30 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,124,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011littlehouse View Post
####
Now, what would be the best solution if we wanted to turn LI into an optimal NYC's commuter appendage (I personally do not want to do that).

I think is possible to make a Riverhead - Penn Station commute in < 30min; commute from central Nassau - about 10min or so.

The solution would be an expensive new development - a kind of a high speed train (like the Shinkansen in Japan, which is a real pleasure to ride) with only 2 to 3 stops/hubs maximum: Riverhead and 2 more. The hardest will be to accommodate this at the Penn Station end w/o interference with regular trains.

The 2-3 hubs will need efficient local infrastructure to allow people to get there fast and to park, since the bulk of the commute now will be to get to the hub. The shape of the island works well for having a single central line.
Anything east of Riverhead should not be touched...
The problem is that developers will want to build up around the hub, which could lead to NIMBYs in the area opposing it. It would just look just like a lot of areas within 30 minutes of NYC: Tall buildings all over the place.

I mean, I see nothing wrong with buildings, but if somebody is moving all the way out to Riverhead, they're doing it because they want some open space.

Quote:
Manhattan is a hole. Queens is overrun with foreigners (as is much of Nassau now) and Brooklyn and the Bronx should just be blown off the map. Nothing you super intelligent know it alls tell me will change my opinion.

maybe if I feel like spending 3 grand a month on a studio to walk outside and see a guy pissing on my building, i'll pick up and rent a big ol closet (oops i mean apartment) in Manhattan. Sorry I like land. Central park is a joke you cant seriously count that.
And is there a problem with an area being overrun with foreigners? If somebody wasn't born in the US, does that make them genetically inferior?

As far as spending all that money on a studio, yeah I think that's a ripoff, but if people are willing to pay that, that's their business.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
The problem is that developers will want to build up around the hub, which could lead to NIMBYs in the area opposing it. It would just look just like a lot of areas within 30 minutes of NYC: Tall buildings all over the place.

I mean, I see nothing wrong with buildings, but if somebody is moving all the way out to Riverhead, they're doing it because they want some open space.

And is there a problem with an area being overrun with foreigners? If somebody wasn't born in the US, does that make them genetically inferior?

As far as spending all that money on a studio, yeah I think that's a ripoff, but if people are willing to pay that, that's their business.

In my opinion yes it a huge problem to me if a place is overrun with foreigners and I wouldn't live in the area if someone gave me a mansion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island