Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 04:53 PM

200 posts, read 456,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
I once saw two cars cutting in front of each other on the Belt Parkway. All of a sudden, one of the cars comes to a COMPLETE STOP in the middle of the parkway (no, we were not in traffic). Some hood rat gets out of the car, gets a bat out of the trunk, and then hops back in. These clowns then proceed to chase after the other car....with the guy with the bat hanging out of the window taking swings at the other car.

I slowed way the f--k down and unfortunately didn't get to see how it turned out
you should've got that on tape! youtube!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 06:09 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Wouldn't it be easier to have an EZpass and not sit in traffic to pay a cash toll?

Old 10-25-2011, 06:54 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to have an EZpass and not sit in traffic to pay a cash toll?
Of course it would be easier but why would anyone want to make it easier on themselves. They's rather be miserable and rot in traffic. We have EZ pass and I love using it.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:30 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times
Wow some of the road rage stories posted are.....wow..no words!

As for me, when some d-bag cuts me off, I find a way to get in front of their car and flip on the windshield wipers amd the fluid...at high speeds, the windshield wiper fluid runs over your car and straight into the front windshield of the car behind you..i just giggle when I see the angry driver behind me turning on their wipers to clear it...lol

Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 AM

200 posts, read 456,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Wow some of the road rage stories posted are.....wow..no words!

As for me, when some d-bag cuts me off, I find a way to get in front of their car and flip on the windshield wipers amd the fluid...at high speeds, the windshield wiper fluid runs over your car and straight into the front windshield of the car behind you..i just giggle when I see the angry driver behind me turning on their wipers to clear it...lol
when someone cuts you off they are most likely driving very fast so it's very difficult to not only catch up to them in traffic but also get infront of them.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:25 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inception937 View Post
when someone cuts you off they are most likely driving very fast so it's very difficult to not only catch up to them in traffic but also get infront of them.
Who cares? Many Li drivers are immature enough to disregard common sense and prove they have the bigger penis.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Old 10-26-2011, 08:11 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,941 times
Quote:

If some one passes you, that is not cut off, as is what you just explained. . . .

Cut off is when you are say doing 65 in the left lane and the asshat you're approaching in the middle lane who are driving at 50mph decide that as you are within 50' to 30' of them that signal or not F you they are cutting in front of you CUTTING you off..

When cut off you need to use your brakes. . . hence cut off

You described passing. . . .

Cut off is also when stuck in traffic and some asshat decides to come up the break down/shoulder lane and stuff her car in front of your 5' following distance, again causing you to stop. . . .

Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
That must be Lima Driving Lesson #5,402.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:25 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
That must be Lima Driving Lesson #5,402.
Stop being one of LIMA's 94% that .8 seconds can't do something 6% of LIMAs do around 74.294% of Long Island every 10.4 seconds.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:20 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,162,260 times
Quote:
I hate 2 instances.

1. when i'm driving on a 2 lane that's about to turn into 1 lane with a light ahead. the person behind me switches to my right and cuts me off right before the light.

2. when i'm driving on a 2 lane and i'm behind the car to my right, with very little room. the person behind me decides to cut me off anyways.

i hope these people rot in hell.
The problem with people is that everyone wants to be first!
That's the same reason they all feel entitled to cut you off the last second.
I drive on a 3 lane every day that goes into two lanes and then one lane. I'm usually in the left lane because it's the right lane that ends. Invariably there's always someone who is in back of me in the left lane who flies over to the right lane just to cut me off before the right lane ends. WHY??? Just so that they are one car length in front of me?? Ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island