Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:45 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,804,967 times

Advertisements

Backed up in gridlocked traffic, and after waiting 45 minutes some $%^%$^ drives down the shoulder and thinks they are going to cut in right in front of you. How do you handle this?

This happened to me last night while waiting to get on the GW bridge. Some jerk tried to cut over from the EZ Pass line at the last minute while the rest of us were waiting for close to 30 minutes. There never seems to be any cops around, and they never seem to be held accountable. I always play a game of chicken which always ends with me having to pull away at the last minute because I don't want to go through the hassle of banging up my vehicle, but I am sure the trash in the other car could care less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 11:51 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,942,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Backed up in gridlocked traffic, and after waiting 45 minutes some $%^%$^ drives down the shoulder and thinks they are going to cut in right in front of you. How do you handle this?

This happened to me last night while waiting to get on the GW bridge. Some jerk tried to cut over from the EZ Pass line at the last minute while the rest of us were waiting for close to 30 minutes. There never seems to be any cops around, and they never seem to be held accountable. I always play a game of chicken which always ends with me having to pull away at the last minute because I don't want to go through the hassle of banging up my vehicle, but I am sure the trash in the other car could care less.
Be the bigger man and let it go.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 AM

999 posts, read 2,349,194 times
What you do is put half your vehicle in the shoulder as soon as you get into traffic like that, this way they see it from far back and don't bother or if they do they can't get by. . .

I do it all the time, and one particular time i had 6 asshats waiting for a chance to get by me at a on/off ramp and as i came around the corner of i believe 38 on the LIE WB mr. NC hwy was sitting there and took all 6 off of my watchful eye.....

In your case you need to get out and ask him if he has a problem understanding what the white line is for, a box of specific made tire deflators also helps

Old 10-24-2011, 11:57 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post

Well being the very very mature person I am - I change lanes, speed up faster then them and cut right back in front of them.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 AM

7,791 posts, read 6,341,580 times
I usually just shoot them.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:00 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I usually just shoot them.

Well yea I have a rocket launcher attached to the roof of my car. Usually does the trick

Old 10-24-2011, 12:06 PM

1,917 posts, read 7,082,203 times
I dont play games with vehicles, too easy for things to get out of hand and someone lose their life

Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 PM

13,506 posts, read 16,955,660 times
When I was younger I might have blocked them by having half my car on the shoulder, but now that I'm older I just let it go..it's not worth the chance that one of these guys is a legitimate psycho who might take you out.

Granted 95% of the time it's an entitled prickly person in a BMW or Mercedes who thinks the rules don't apply to them.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:17 PM

4,690 posts, read 8,711,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
let it go.
this.

be a grown up.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,094,098 times
stop playing chicken now. drive defensively. the bad driver will come to a sad end soon and then the cops will show up but not b4.
revenge has no place on the freeway.
old chinese saying when you seek revenge be sure to dig 2 graves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island