Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 08:28 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,846 times

Advertisements

A smarter man would've saved the wood for burning, as the coming winter season, and the rising cost of fuel, will bring issues far greater
than those snooping town inspectors and new fences. I could be wrong, (but rarely am), and can't see that if the fence that you recently replaced was
legally there in place, why would it be an issue with your town when, and if, you put up a new one? If, when you bought the property, there was
a fence in place, why would the authorities even care if you replaced it? Perhaps there is more to this story than is currently apparent to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 09:04 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,509,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
Called TOH special pick up to get rid of an old wooded fence that was in my backyard. The next day after pickup there was a TOH Code Enforcement Officer snooping in front of my yard looking to see if I installed a new fence w/o a permit.

I guess this is alot easier than enforcing illegal apartments for illegal aliens in the town.
Sounds like you have a problem with authority. Probably have spent some time on the wrong side of a jail cell.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:58 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisk327 View Post
well did you install a fence without a permit?
Nope......it was an old fence. My neighbor put up a new pvc fence behind mine so I removed mine. I don't need a permit to remove my own fence.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:04 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Since when does your bleeding heart hate illegals?
I'm not a liberal or an out of touch member of the local Republican club. I have the ability to make judgements for myself. I don't let silly political parties affect my ability to think for myself.

Also, I don't hate illegals. I understand our government is letting them into the country on purpose to break the unions and bankrupt the country. It's not their fault. But their illegal apartments and illegals use of our resources is bankrupting LI. All part of the plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island