U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 02:29 PM

16,966 posts, read 30,705,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
It's about an hour from Setaukets (on 25A)? vs about an hour and fifteen minutes (straight shot via Sunrise Hwy east) for Mass Park. Is lance from RP or what?

I am not going to try to split hairs, but if it were a race, and you came in 15 minutes after the first guy crossed the line...would you still get a trophy?

I'm looking at 38 miles from my house in Stony Brook (close to 25A) vs 62 miles (using my old address closer to SSP exit 30) heading to Mattituck.

IMHO you're going to take a wee tiny bit longer than 75 minutes unless it's very early in the morning or late in the evening and you're not dealing with pumpkin pickers
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 02:55 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,095,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Straight shot to Mattituck on Sunrise Pequa?? how do you figure? I didn't know Mattituck was on the South Shore and last time I checked Sunrise Highway did not run north/south. Thats almost as bad as the 5 minutes to the LIE from RP.
Straight shot to the Riverhead area in less than 1 hour, yeah. Why is that so hard to believe? You know Sunrise hwy and know what I meant? Look at it on google maps. 1 hr 8 minutes from Mattituck to 11762 ... 56 minutes from Mattituck to East Setauket.

12 minutes difference (which I guarantee you 99% of the time Sunrise hwy will not have anywhere near the traffic on 25A). Look at it on Google maps right now, you select the traffic feature and 25A is mostly yellow (mod traffic) mixed with green, even red in parts of setauket. Sunrise is 100% green, ie- you can fly on it and it's an easy ride.

Setauket - 56 mins Mattituck, NY to East Setauket, NY - Google Maps
Mass Park - 68 mins Mattituck, NY to Massapequa Park, NY - Google Maps

Now granted you could find alternate routes like OBH mentioned and save a few minutes. But generally access to Suffolk from North Suffolk is just as easy as East Nassau to Suffolk.

Last edited by Pequaman; 11-06-2011 at 03:15 PM..

Old 11-06-2011, 03:21 PM

16,966 posts, read 30,705,265 times
Quote:
Straight shot to the Riverhead area in less than 1 hour, yeah. Why is that so hard to believe? You know Sunrise hwy and know what I meant? Look at it on google maps. 1 hr 8 minutes from Mattituck to 11762 ... 56 minutes from Mattituck to East Setauket.

12 minutes difference (which I guarantee you 99% of the time Sunrise hwy will not have anywhere near the traffic on 25A). Look at it on Google maps right now, you select the traffic feature and 25A is mostly yellow (mod traffic) mixed with green, even red in parts of setauket. Sunrise is 100% green, ie- you can fly on it and it's an easy ride.

Now granted you could find alternate routes like OBH mentioned and save a few minutes. But generally access to Suffolk from North Suffolk is just as easy as East Nassau to Suffolk.
Yeah, but when I get home my Briermere pie is warmer than yours :P

Old 11-06-2011, 03:33 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,417,946 times
Quote:

Oh I am definitely in agreement that Sunrise is much faster than 25A. But it is not a "straight" shot to Mattituck because Sunrise and Tuck are on opposite Shores, thats all I was saying lol.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:37 PM

2,845 posts, read 9,523,297 times
Quote:
It's mind boggling sean. Someone that lives on LI having never had real pizza -- like Umbertos in NHP (and Wantagh), King Umberto, Cuginis, Grimaldis, even Ginos in Mass pk...pretty much the best pizza in the world is in Nassau & NYC. I don't even think Crooks would make a statement like that and be able to keep a straight face . Anyway, ignorance is bliss I guess...
I gotta be completely honest... I was out in Port Jeff one day over the summer and went out of my way to find this stupid Colisseo place everyone raves about on here. I wanted so much to hate it and come back and furiously type a scathing review, belittling their BS Suffdump pizza - and when I first pulled up, things were looking very promising.

First off - it's in a really crappy looking strip mall in the absolute middle of nowhere, then you walk inside and the decor looks like Karen Hill's 1981 living room from Goodfellas. The employees all looked like typical teenage burnouts who would much rather be playing XBOX360 or getting high and jerking off, so I figured "wow... nothing special at all here".

WRONG - I ordered a regular and a sicilian, figuring that even if one of them was good the other would suck... but both were amazing. Not just for Suffolk but for anywhere. I wouldn't say it's the best pizza I've ever had, but it's up there... Top 10 for sure. As I left I shook my fist towards Rocky Point in the most delicious rage I have ever experienced and drove west into the sunset.

Congratulations Suffolk - you have one truly great pizzeria. I applaud you.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I gotta be completely honest... I was out in Port Jeff one day over the summer and went out of my way to find this stupid Colisseo place everyone raves about on here. I wanted so much to hate it and come back and furiously type a scathing review, belittling their BS Suffdump pizza - and when I first pulled up, things were looking very promising.

First off - it's in a really crappy looking strip mall in the absolute middle of nowhere, then you walk inside and the decor looks like Karen Hill's 1981 living room from Goodfellas. The employees all looked like typical teenage burnouts who would much rather be playing XBOX360 or getting high and jerking off, so I figured "wow... nothing special at all here".

WRONG - I ordered a regular and a sicilian, figuring that even if one of them was good the other would suck... but both were amazing. Not just for Suffolk but for anywhere. I wouldn't say it's the best pizza I've ever had, but it's up there... Top 10 for sure. As I left I shook my fist towards Rocky Point in the most delicious rage I have ever experienced and drove west into the sunset.

Pizza Village in Montauk is really good. One good pizzeria in an entire county is a bit of an ignorant statement don't ya think? unless you have literally been to and tried every one in Suffolk. Not to mention Nassau is about the size of Yaphank. Lol.

Also Sayville Pizza in downtown Sayville is suprisingly good....but you probably think Sayville is "suffdumpian" too, right?

Old 11-06-2011, 04:04 PM

2,845 posts, read 9,523,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Pizza Village in Montauk is really good. One good pizzeria in an entire county is a bit of an ignorant statement don't ya think? unless you have literally been to and tried every one in Suffolk. Not to mention Nassau is about the size of Yaphank. Lol.

Also Sayville Pizza in downtown Sayville is suprisingly good....but you probably think Sayville is "suffdumpian" too, right?
I don't know if it's the same place I'm thinking of, but I only remember one pizza place in Montauk (the one near the traffic circle with all the Irish kids working there in the summer) and I will say that pizza place is unequivocally the worst pizza I've ever eaten in my life.

It's been a few years since I've been out there, though.

I do like Sayville, but I never had pizza there - and every single other place I've been to in Suffolk was on the wrong side of "average". Little Vincent's in Huntington is good, but does that really count? Never tried the one in Ronkonkoma.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I don't know if it's the same place I'm thinking of, but I only remember one pizza place in Montauk (the one near the traffic circle with all the Irish kids working there in the summer) and I will say that pizza place is unequivocally the worst pizza I've ever eaten in my life.

It's been a few years since I've been out there, though.

I do like Sayville, but I never had pizza there - and every single other place I've been to in Suffolk was on the wrong side of "average". Little Vincent's in Huntington is good, but does that really count? Never tried the one in Ronkonkoma.

I'll ignore everything else because I am glad you said you liked Sayville. There really is nothing bad to say about it. Haha.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:38 PM

7,658 posts, read 17,336,077 times
Quote:

LMAO Great, great post.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:40 PM

7,658 posts, read 17,336,077 times
Quote:
It's about an hour from Setaukets (on 25A)? vs about an hour and fifteen minutes (straight shot via Sunrise Hwy east) for Mass Park. Is lance from RP or what?

ok , well carry it over to a different thread, but we all know the truth crooks (except the colloseo die hards)...
Youre not even in the parking lot of the game with Cugini(or Umbertos) son.

Bring it on.
New/Old thread whatever.

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island