U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:44 PM
 
3,939 posts, read 7,480,798 times
Reputation: 1490

Advertisements

When we visited my family down in Virginia last Christmas, we found this place called CineBistro (CinéBistro), where it was a 21+ movie theater that served drinks/meals with movies. Does anyone know of anything like that up here in NY? I would think it would be in NYC, but I haven't found ANYTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Massapequa Park
3,173 posts, read 5,668,359 times
Reputation: 1349
Never heard of anything like that. Wouldn't that be kinda weird eating dinner in the dark? Too much noise and it would be harder to get into the movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 03:02 PM
 
3,939 posts, read 7,480,798 times
Reputation: 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Never heard of anything like that. Wouldn't that be kinda weird eating dinner in the dark? Too much noise and it would be harder to get into the movie.
Actually it wasn't bad.. they have ambient lighting, it's more of a regular theater than a typical movie theater. They only serve once, it's not a constant thing.. you order before the movie starts, then you eat at another point. If you want anything else, you have to get up and go to the bar (which was awesome that they had a full bar right outside the theater).

The seats were mostly set up in pairs, and you were far enough away from everyone else you didn't hear anything over the actual movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
 
398 posts, read 695,755 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Actually it wasn't bad.. they have ambient lighting, it's more of a regular theater than a typical movie theater. They only serve once, it's not a constant thing.. you order before the movie starts, then you eat at another point. If you want anything else, you have to get up and go to the bar (which was awesome that they had a full bar right outside the theater).

The seats were mostly set up in pairs, and you were far enough away from everyone else you didn't hear anything over the actual movie.
It's bad enough at a movie with people using their cellphones and talking throughout the movie and yelling at the screen....imagine adding fried chicken to the mix and you'd have a terrible disturbance in the movie theater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 03:30 PM
 
9,341 posts, read 24,685,571 times
Reputation: 4450
Dinner and a movie — in one place! • The Brooklyn Paper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 03:41 PM
 
3,939 posts, read 7,480,798 times
Reputation: 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyliguy View Post
It's bad enough at a movie with people using their cellphones and talking throughout the movie and yelling at the screen....imagine adding fried chicken to the mix and you'd have a terrible disturbance in the movie theater.
I guess the NY crowd is not able to comprehend a nice meal with a movie. Oh well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 03:44 PM
 
3,939 posts, read 7,480,798 times
Reputation: 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Thanks Walter, that's almost it but I am looking for more recent movies. I did find a few places that show indie films or older films but the place I went to had current films.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Massapequa Park
3,173 posts, read 5,668,359 times
Reputation: 1349
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I guess the NY crowd is not able to comprehend a nice meal with a movie. Oh well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
I comprehend it. But I think it's a bad idea. Maybe if like you said there are private booths, it could work. I really don't want to be sitting next to people chowing down on a giant T-Bone while I'm trying to take in a good movie. Too much lighting needed, plates, knives and forks clanging, spilling drinks, everyone getting up to go to the bathroom -- it would kill the movie for me. However, the bar idea does sound kind of interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Wallens Ridge
3,131 posts, read 4,116,341 times
Reputation: 17254
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyliguy View Post
It's bad enough at a movie with people using their cellphones and talking throughout the movie and yelling at the screen....imagine adding fried chicken to the mix and you'd have a terrible disturbance in the movie theater.

Lol

Kay 4, I live 5 minutes from there. It's nothing like what's stated above. People here act with class,respect and dignity.( No noise, cell phones, chatting,clanging) Since you been there you know all this already. It could be a real nice night out as long as your not the one driving Anyway, next time your down in my neck of the woods skip Stony Point Fashion Park and head out to Short Pump. There's some clubs,bars,comedy club and the best shopping in the Country. Just don't mention you know Big Mike and you'll be just fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 05:20 PM
 
3,939 posts, read 7,480,798 times
Reputation: 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Lol

Kay 4, I live 5 minutes from there. It's nothing like what's stated above. People here act with class,respect and dignity.( No noise, cell phones, chatting,clanging) Since you been there you know all this already. It could be a real nice night out as long as your not the one driving Anyway, next time your down in my neck of the woods skip Stony Point Fashion Park and head out to Short Pump. There's some clubs,bars,comedy club and the best shopping in the Country. Just don't mention you know Big Mike and you'll be just fine
It's unfortunate that us LIers can't even understand such a concept

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top