U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-06-2011, 12:20 PM

199 posts, read 222,333 times

Advertisements

mizumi new york (I'm not the owner or paid to post this, just wanted to share this great place with all of you on here!)

My cousin took me there last month and I absolutely loved it, I thought sushi park (now closed) in Commack was good but this place is 10x better.

For those of you that have been there I'm sure you know how great it is.

For those of you that have not been there, you must go!

Btw, right after I post this, I'm going there!

This time will be my 3rd time. Can't wait!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 05:00 PM

900 posts, read 821,019 times
I've been there, and it's sub par for a sushi buffet.

If you want REAL sushi on Long Island, try Kotobuki or Shiki in Babylon, or AJI 53 in Smithtown or Bayshore. Their sushi is top notch, and make Mizumi taste like Stop & Shop sushi...which it is.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 PM

11,449 posts, read 8,417,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge1114 View Post
I've been there, and it's sub par for a sushi buffet.

If you want REAL sushi on Long Island, try Kotobuki or Shiki in Babylon, or AJI 53 in Smithtown or Bayshore. Their sushi is top notch, and make Mizumi taste like Stop & Shop sushi...which it is.
I agree Aji 53, and kotobuki are excellent , never been to shiki though

Old 11-06-2011, 06:24 PM

900 posts, read 821,019 times
Shiki is around the corner from Kotobuki in Babylon on Main Street. Real solid sushi that's affordable. Doesn't have the frills of Aji but is really good.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:02 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,163,710 times
I grew up in the tropics of Japan. 18 years. I like to think I know my sushi.

Kotobuki in Babylon and Hauppauge, and Onsen in Oakdale serve the freshest sushi I've had on Long Island. I was blown away by the quality of fish served at these places. Up to Japanese standards. It's not the calibre of traditional/classic sushi bars found in Japan, but it's nothing to turn your nose at. The traditional sushi bars are too high end for me to appreciate because I don't eat ikura/uni/toro anyway.

Aji53, Tai Show East, Shiki in Babylon are also good. Miyako and Shiki in East Hampton is okay...
Stay away from Ozumo. Stinks, literally.
Can't remember the other places I've tried...

I haven't tried too many places on LI yet, so I'm open to more suggestions! Now looking in the Pat/Med and surrounding area!

Old 11-07-2011, 02:08 PM

3,228 posts, read 3,800,369 times
damn I miss Kotubuki....

Old 11-07-2011, 02:18 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,604,438 times
Nagashima in Jericho (near exit 40 on the LIE)...to die for.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:59 PM

199 posts, read 222,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
I grew up in the tropics of Japan. 18 years. I like to think I know my sushi.

Kotobuki in Babylon and Hauppauge, and Onsen in Oakdale serve the freshest sushi I've had on Long Island. I was blown away by the quality of fish served at these places. Up to Japanese standards. It's not the calibre of traditional/classic sushi bars found in Japan, but it's nothing to turn your nose at. The traditional sushi bars are too high end for me to appreciate because I don't eat ikura/uni/toro anyway.

Aji53, Tai Show East, Shiki in Babylon are also good. Miyako and Shiki in East Hampton is okay...
Stay away from Ozumo. Stinks, literally.
Can't remember the other places I've tried...

I haven't tried too many places on LI yet, so I'm open to more suggestions! Now looking in the Pat/Med and surrounding area!
Have you been to Mizumi? If so, what did you think?

I'm definitely going to check out Kotobuki. Are all these places a la carte? Any of them buffet? Tell me which ones are buffet places.

I prefer buffet like Mizumi because I tend to want to eat everything and my bill would go up to the sky!

Thanks for the recommendations!!!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:27 PM

11,449 posts, read 8,417,752 times
I don't care for Asian buffets try Aji 53 you won't be disappointed

Old 11-07-2011, 08:01 PM

520 posts, read 821,768 times
Am I the only person that would never go to a sushi buffet? Raw fish is not something I would want to mess with and you would never be able to convince that the fish is the same quality as an a la carte place. You get what you pay for.

Love Kotobuki!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island