U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 02:58 PM

7,658 posts, read 16,215,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Oh yeah..big difference between North and South....

In the North they wear spandex with underwear, in the South without.
You would know Bronze Coast
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 03:11 PM

1,440 posts, read 2,188,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
If I lived in Shirley I would completely agree with you.

Stop flattering yourself. You shoulda bought North.

; )

Crooks
Come on Crooks seriously. Is Rocky Point that much nicer than Shirley? forget the schools for a second. The town itself. If you say yes, you clearly have not spent much time here. Also many areas of Mastic Beach get confused to be Shirley mind you.

There are plenty of 99k 1 bedroom beach bungalows here too, trust me. You are not in the Hamptons my friend. Far far from it.

BTW I would never ever ever buy North. Its like the twilight zone anywhere north of 25. I say it all the time - I couldn't live without sunrise. Also I am not living here by choice, trust me I have brain cells.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Come on Crooks seriously. Is Rocky Point that much nicer than Shirley? forget the schools for a second. The town itself. If you say yes, you clearly have not spent much time here. Also many areas of Mastic Beach get confused to be Shirley mind you.

There are plenty of 99k 1 bedroom beach bungalows here too, trust me. You are not in the Hamptons my friend. Far far from it.

BTW I would never ever ever buy North. Its like the twilight zone anywhere north of 25. I say it all the time - I couldn't live without sunrise. Also I am not living here by choice, trust me I have brain cells.
Significantly.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Significantly.
lol alright keep living in your dream world.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:26 PM

3,173 posts, read 5,665,932 times
Quote:

Price wise, it's about the same too.

We need an RP vs Shirley thread. That's a fair fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
In most of the South Shore towns, aren't the areas generally nicer as you move away from the train, though (that's why I said that it could be relative to the rest of the town. Most of those South Shore towns are very nice, even by the train tracks)? I mean, maybe it's because the further you are from the train the closer you are to the water.

That, and you can add PJS, Inwood and Huntington Station to the list.
No, not all the time. And most of the towns that I'm familiar with have nice downtowns and surrounding areas near their RR station (Bab line). I think usually you will find the least desirable part of a town has more to do with bad neighboring districts that overlap into said town. EG- Garden City by Meadow st (Hempstead), Seaford is nice by the train, south seaford there are some section 8 housing where it's not so nice, RVC= by Baldwin border, VS by Queens border, etc.

Last edited by Pequaman; 11-08-2011 at 05:35 PM..

Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
lol alright keep living in your dream world.
Lol youre touching yourself.

Your family must live on the most ghetto block in Sound Beach if you think youre even in the same sentence.
Sorry if you made a poor choice.

Crooks

Old 11-08-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post

No, not all the time. And most of the towns that I'm familiar with have nice downtowns and surrounding areas near their RR station (Bab line). I think usually you will find the least desirable part of a town has more to do with bad neighboring districts that overlap into said town. EG- Garden City by Meadow st (Hempstead), Seaford is nice by the train, south seaford there are some section 8 housing where it's not so nice, RVC= by Baldwin border, VS by Queens border, etc.
Why? Just to deflect from the obvious urbanization of So Nassau?

BTW did you pull that RP WF gem out of your rectum or did you research it first?

The range in RPSD(w/o Miller Place/Sound Beach) is 99k for a bulldozer short sale to 1.1M for a waterfront.
WFSD (Excluding Manorville and Moriches)goes from 70k up to the 6's for "Luxury".
Mastic as you can imagine is just lol right now.

WFSD is a complete trainwreck as always, but youre right Cap'n Pequa, they're virtually the same as RPSD.
; )

I had such hope for you earlier when you put down your turd polish.
Whats a fair fight for Massapequa then? Amityville? E Pequa? Bay Ridge, the Dirty Dale,White Islip or Staten Island yo?.

Class it up.
GTL

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 11-08-2011 at 08:08 PM..

Old 11-08-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Lol youre touching yourself.

Your family must live on the most ghetto block in Sound Beach if you think youre even in the same sentence.
Sorry if you made a poor choice.

Crooks
what? lol say that again?

Sound Beach?????

lost.

Poor choice? I'm from a neighborhood thats 10 times nicer than the nicest area of Rocky Point.

again - its closer to being Shirley then it is the Hamptons as you make it to be.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post

Thanks Peqs...it really is the same other than the schools. I really don't understand why people from RP live in dream worlds up there in boonieland.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Thanks Peqs...it really is the same other than the schools. I really don't understand why people from RP live in dream worlds up there in boonieland.
Youre right.

Schools rarely determine much on LI.

"The Boston gig has been cancelled... Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college town".

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island