U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 04:32 AM

1,440 posts, read 2,188,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
No diversion crooks. RP vs Shirley are destined to lock horns at some point. This isnt the first time the issue has come up. There's no room for all the OT stuff in this thread about Hicksville. Savaged didn't back down. He's making his case in the other thread.

And I must say I am QUITE the "country lawyer" as crooks as would say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 06:02 AM

7,658 posts, read 16,215,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
No diversion crooks. RP vs Shirley are destined to lock horns at some point. This isnt the first time the issue has come up. There's no room for all the OT stuff in this thread about Hicksville. Savaged didn't back down. He's making his case in the other thread.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight Peqs.

Thanks for helping Yds out.He was clearly struggling with putting that wily two topic poll together.
; )

I get it, why woulndnt the Consigliere of Motzohpizza have a dog in this fight?
Makes perfect sense Dude.I'm just calling you out on deflection and encroachment.

Listen I'm sorry if what I tell you makes you feel icky, its only because its the truth, and you know it, and it hurts.

Hicksville(like the rest of Nassau) has urbanized significantly over the years.Anyone whos ever left and come back will tell you the same exact thing.I know your desensitized to it,sometimes we need someone from the outside to point out that were swimming in our own waste.

Listen, Im glad you found your happy place on Da Riv.City Sanitation workers who cant afford Queens gotta live somewhere brother....just ask your spokesmodel Gps (hes doing Massapequa righteous right now lol).

Now are you gonna nut up and poll Massapequa Park vs Amityville? I think schools aside advantage Amityville.Its beautiful down there ; ).

Thanks again for playing. Rocky Point never had anything to do with this thread other than what you hijacked.

Crooks

PS
Class it up GTL

Old 11-09-2011, 11:36 AM

16,416 posts, read 27,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Hicksville(like the rest of Nassau) has urbanized significantly over the years.Anyone whos ever left and come back will tell you the same exact thing.I know your desensitized to it,sometimes we need someone from the outside to point out that were swimming in our own waste.
One thing I want to point out about your view of Nassau as urbanized, and therefore, negative. To me, I don't find urbanization to be a terrible thing. Maybe it's because I work in the city and I am used to it? It just doesn't really bother me about Nassau with the exception of traffic, but I've been out on the Island -- to me, anything east of Huntington is WAY OUT IN SUFFOLK -- and been on small roads (one lane each way) on the north fork that were traffic jammed to hell and back too (yeah I know stuffed withModerator cut: language removed myself out sightseeing), so traffic is not just an urbanization thing, it happens "in the country" too. I still find a lot of positives to Nassau -- urbanized doesn't bother me.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 11-09-2011 at 01:42 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 11:42 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,628,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
One thing I want to point out about your view of Nassau as urbanized, and therefore, negative. To me, I don't find urbanization to be a terrible thing. Maybe it's because I work in the city and I am used to it? It just doesn't really bother me about Nassau with the exception of traffic, but I've been out on the Island -- to me, anything east of Huntington is WAY OUT IN SUFFOLK -- and been on small roads (one lane each way) on the north fork that were traffic jammed to hell and back too (yeah I know stuffed with myself out sightseeing), so traffic is not just an urbanization thing, it happens "in the country" too. I still find a lot of positives to Nassau -- urbanized doesn't bother me.
Explains a Lot

Last edited by nancy thereader; 11-09-2011 at 01:42 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 12:05 PM

2,652 posts, read 2,452,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
One thing I want to point out about your view of Nassau as urbanized, and therefore, negative. To me, I don't find urbanization to be a terrible thing. Maybe it's because I work in the city and I am used to it? It just doesn't really bother me about Nassau with the exception of traffic, but I've been out on the Island -- to me, anything east of Huntington is WAY OUT IN SUFFOLK -- and been on small roads (one lane each way) on the north fork that were traffic jammed to hell and back too (yeah I know stuffed with myself out sightseeing), so traffic is not just an urbanization thing, it happens "in the country" too. I still find a lot of positives to Nassau -- urbanized doesn't bother me.
Agreed. I actually grew up in Suffolk, but am much happier in Nassau (not that there arent great places to live in Suffolk as well). I totally agree that Nassau is more "urbanized" and that is fine with me, as I prefer a metro-like area over the "country" feel. But that is why I dont understand all this Nassau vs. Suffolk, RP v Massapequa etc arguing. Everyone is different. Live where you are happiest, that is what its all about, who cares what others think!

Last edited by nancy thereader; 11-09-2011 at 01:43 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 01:24 PM

1,440 posts, read 2,188,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Agreed. I actually grew up in Suffolk, but am much happier in Nassau (not that there arent great places to live in Suffolk as well). I totally agree that Nassau is more "urbanized" and that is fine with me, as I prefer a metro-like area over the "country" feel. But that is why I dont understand all this Nassau vs. Suffolk, RP v Massapequa etc arguing. Everyone is different. Live where you are happiest, that is what its all about, who cares what others think!
Well said! I agree with this. Everyone has different wants...and Long Island pretty much has it all from country to urbanized areas. I prefer soemthing in between myself.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:30 PM

3,173 posts, read 5,665,932 times
Quote:
True and agreed. Best post in this entire thread.

Clearly Hicksville has its urban part(s), seedy as it may be, but its still mostly a decent Nassau Suburb. Not the best but no where near Jamaica.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:41 PM

4,123 posts, read 6,703,300 times
Quote:
Spend some time here and it becomes clear as day. Certain folks feel the need to put down parts of LI in order to make themselves feel better about where they themselves live.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Spend some time here and it becomes clear as day. Certain folks feel the need to put down parts of LI in order to make themselves feel better about where they themselves live.

Grumpy Old Troll - Dora The Explorer - YouTube

Old 11-09-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Amen.

I just dont see the value (other than the schools) for Nassau.

Since weve agreed that they dont count for much, Im still
going with Malba over Malverne.

I actually like Queens, if I was going to put up with the density and traffic, Id pick there first.
I'm not saying Urbanization is bad, Im just saying that Nassaus not really the suburbs anymore.

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 11-09-2011 at 08:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island