U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:59 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,463,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Other than switching trains I never really hang around Hicksville much but decided to stop by the Broadway Mall this afternoon.
Walking up from the train station down Wycoff St thru a residential area there were landscaping trucks parked in driveways and on lawns, and parties of guys getting drunk. Another young guy had his dirty lawn stained pants down to his knees. Once inside the mall it was noisy, kids running all over the place and hardly anyone spoke english. The food court was filthy and the stores were messy. Lots of cars with out of state plates in the parking lot, mostly North Carolina and Texas.
Walking back along Newbridge toward W.John there's piles of litter by the fence, lots of Coconut Juice bottles and Lotto Scratch Offs.
Alot of the activity seems to center around the small strip of stores on the SW Corner of W.John and Newbridge, there's a new bodega that opened up there and some more guys just getting drunk and loitering in the parking lot.
I have to say I hated walking through this area more than Post Ave!
A far cry from the town Billy Joel grew up in..thats for sure.

Just the other day I was in Hempstead.... Oh boy Nassau is going down the drain... whatever happened to Nassau ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 11:32 AM

3,155 posts, read 3,548,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Just the other day I was in Hempstead.... Oh boy Nassau is going down the drain... whatever happened to Nassau ?
because of course Hempstead (which has been awful for years) is representative of all of Nassau....

Old 11-07-2011, 11:47 AM

1,136 posts, read 1,099,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
because of course Hempstead (which has been awful for years) is representative of all of Nassau....
Kinda how people from Nassau think all of Suffolk is like CI....

Old 11-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Kinda how people from Nassau think all of Suffolk is like CI....
or how people think all of NYC is like Brownsville, South Bronx, etc....

Old 11-07-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
or how people think all of NYC is like Brownsville, South Bronx, etc....

lol good onee. Your too late.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:08 PM

7,658 posts, read 10,532,368 times
Quote:
To my knowledge no one was murdered in Hempstead in the last 24 hrs but someone in North Bellmore was.

I agree with the Queens guy. The City rejects are definitely heading out these days.

I like Eastern Queens.

Crooks

Old 11-07-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
To my knowledge no one was murdered in Hempstead in the last 24 hrs but someone in North Bellmore was.

I agree with the Queens guy. The City rejects are definitely heading out these days.

I like Eastern Queens.

Crooks

Let me be as off topic as possible,

Wheres the new thread about the pizza places Crooks? This thread is about to turn into a trainwreck any minute anyway.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Crooks bringing the misinformed hate as always. Never change!

Old 11-07-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
lol good onee. Your too late.
too late for what? Did the Upper East Side get invaded by hobos over the weekend?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
too late for what? Did the Upper East Side get invaded by hobos over the weekend?

No but I heard Sagaponack was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island