U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:41 PM

239 posts, read 497,161 times

Advertisements

Thirded Hicks. They have a good return policy as well. I tried twice to buy an inflatable Santa (the one with the blower) and both apparently had a hole. Got credited both times without question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 01:49 PM
GPC

1,197 posts, read 2,725,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
If you see something you like at Hick's, buy it right away. A few times I tried hitting them on the day after Christmas with the intention of getting stuff on sale only to discover that they put all of it away!
I meant to say they put all the really nice decorations away right away. They do mark down the 'so-so' decorations.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:51 PM

4,138 posts, read 6,736,973 times
I alslo love the old-school plastic Santas, Frosties, etc. The only downside with them IMO is that they're a pain in the neck to store the other 11 months of the year.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:51 PM
GPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhkus View Post
Thirded Hicks. They have a good return policy as well. I tried twice to buy an inflatable Santa (the one with the blower) and both apparently had a hole. Got credited both times without question.
Yeah, I returned a Christmas lawn decoration a different year and I also received a credit without question.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:26 PM

821 posts, read 2,481,924 times
I actually ran there on my lunch hour and saw that they have something I am interested in but I know Home Depot's website has it for less and shipping is free. At least I got to see what it looks like in person though. I can't see Hicks marking down any of the stuff I am interested in. I know they have 20% off of those items right now but it still isn't less than what I can pay at home depots website. I never knew Hick's had such a nice holiday section. Thank you for referring me to them. I will take my 4 month old son there next year to see all the nice decorations!

Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 PM
GPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIgirl74 View Post
I never knew Hick's had such a nice holiday section. Thank you for referring me to them. I will take my 4 month old son there next year to see all the nice decorations!
Yeah, and I believe Santa makes a pit stop on the weekends for the usual kiddie pix. I don't live in the area anymore and I miss going there, especially around the holidays. I remember people taking pix of their kids in front of all the decorated trees (probably wound up being alot of holiday card photos). Hick's always has a nice holiday selection but like I said before, only the average decorations are marked down on the 26th. I used to go on the 26th when I could but would usually just buy some candles or some other inexpensive decoration on that day. Of course, I spent too much money on the nice stuff before the holidays. Hick's is nice but it can definitely be pricey.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Yeah, and I believe Santa makes a pit stop on the weekends for the usual kiddie pix. I don't live in the area anymore and I miss going there, especially around the holidays. I remember people taking pix of their kids in front of all the decorated trees (probably wound up being alot of holiday card photos). Hick's always has a nice holiday selection but like I said before, only the average decorations are marked down on the 26th. I used to go on the 26th when I could but would usually just buy some candles or some other inexpensive decoration on that day. Of course, I spent too much money on the nice stuff before the holidays. Hick's is nice but it can definitely be pricey.
I don't live in the area anymore either but I figured, next year he will be a little over a year old so I'm sure he would enjoy it more than he would now. I used to always go to Fortunoff's to see their displays (when they were still in business). I would have never thought of Hicks. Yes, it says santa and his reindeer will be at Hicks this year in late November.

Again, thanks for the referral. Christmas decorations can get so pricey and yes, even with 20% off, it still was pricey.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:58 PM

16,973 posts, read 19,781,693 times
What about Dee's nusery in oceanside??I remember them always having a good selection of Christ,as decorations.The Dees Nursery

Old 11-09-2011, 03:01 PM

Thanks for referring Dee's...however, I live in Suffolk County near Commack and Oceanside is a little too far for me. I was able to go to Hick's b/c I work in Jericho which isn't too far. Thanks for the referral though.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 PM

16,973 posts, read 19,781,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIgirl74 View Post
Thanks for referring Dee's...however, I live in Suffolk County near Commack and Oceanside is a little too far for me. I was able to go to Hick's b/c I work in Jericho which isn't too far. Thanks for the referral though.
You are welcome I live in suffolk too but when I was a kid we used to go to dee's with my grandfather when he lived in baldwin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island