Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 01:20 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,723,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Who do you think has the best pizza on Long Island?

Here's the latest top 10 reader poll from Newsday:

1. Umberto's of New Hyde Park
2. Colosseo of Port Jefferson Station
3. Little Vincent's of Lake Ronkonkoma
4. Little Vincent's of Huntington
5. Pappalardo's of Seaford
6. Gino's Restaurant and Pizzeria of Long Beach
7. Aegean II of Smithtown
8. Ancona of Valley Stream
9. Emilio's of Commack
10. Aegean Pizza of Holbrook

^^^
Suffolk 6
Nassau 4

Here are the LI Press "Best of LI 2010" Picks:

1. The Original Umberto’s of New Hyde Park
2. Little Vincent’s Pizza (Huntington and Lake Ronkonkoma)
3. Gino’s Pizzeria and Ristorante of Williston Park

^^^
Nassau 2
Suffolk (1 in 2 locations)

What are your favorites? How many of the ones on these lists have you been to and what do you think of their pizza?
Umbertos has a location in Wantagh too.
Here's Zagats:
Salvatore's - Port Washington
Pie at Salvatore's, The - Bayshore
Emilio's - Commack
Nick's - Rockville Centre
Grimaldi's - Garden City
King Umberto - Elmont

Nicks is quite good too. There's also another one around the block from Nick's in RVC, Mr Miceli. Excellent pizza, reminded me of Shoppers village style pizza back in the day (where would that be on this list?) . Im with dman, if Little Vincent's is that high on this list, I can think of 10 in Nassau that are better imho. Don't get that at all. Maybe Suffolk has more Newsday readers? Nassau's certainly got a lot more high quality pizzerias.

Last edited by Pequaman; 11-07-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 01:20 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,232,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Can't just be that I don't like it?

2 slices of pizza and a soda should not cost 10$. My plate should not be saturated with grease, either.
Come on now K4, you are exaggerating again, just like with the cost of the beach passes. Regular slices are $1.95 so unless the soda costs $6 I doubt you are coming anywhere near $10.

Gino's Of Long Beach Pizzeria & Restaurant Menu - Long Beach, NY 11561 - (516) 432-8193 (http://www.allmenus.com/ny/long-beach/239011-ginos-of-long-beach-pizzeria--restaurant/menu// - broken link)

As for the quality, I haven't been there for a long time so I can't debate that. 10 years ago I thought it was very good.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:24 PM

4,692 posts, read 8,718,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Nicks is solid. Good spot to bring kids as well. (fast, efficient service)

I like it much better than Blue Moon around the corner.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,742,435 times
Teddys on Meacham Ave In Elmont.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,947,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Come on now K4, you are exaggerating again, just like with the cost of the beach passes. Regular slices are $1.95 so unless the soda costs $6 I doubt you are coming anywhere near $10.

Gino's Of Long Beach Pizzeria & Restaurant Menu - Long Beach, NY 11561 - (516) 432-8193 (http://www.allmenus.com/ny/long-beach/239011-ginos-of-long-beach-pizzeria--restaurant/menu// - broken link)

As for the quality, I haven't been there for a long time so I can't debate that. 10 years ago I thought it was very good.
1.95 is far from the normal price. Next time I end up in that area I'll step in and see what the going prices are.

Oh and you may have missed this part..

DISCLAIMER: Information shown may not reflect recent changes. Check with this restaurant for current pricing and menu information. A listing on Allmenus.com does not necessarily reflect our affiliation with or endorsement of the listed restaurant, or the listed restaurant's endorsement of Allmenus.com. Please tell us click here if you know that any of the information shown is incorrect. For more information, please read our Legal Notices.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:32 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,232,468 times
Quote:
1.95 is far from the normal price. Next time I end up in that area I'll step in and see what the going prices are.

DISCLAIMER: Information shown may not reflect recent changes. Check with this restaurant for current pricing and menu information. A listing on Allmenus.com does not necessarily reflect our affiliation with or endorsement of the listed restaurant, or the listed restaurant's endorsement of Allmenus.com. Please tell us click here if you know that any of the information shown is incorrect. For more information, please read our Legal Notices.
Even if they are $3 each (which I doubt they are) you would still need a $4 soda to get to $10. I don't really care either way, it isn't that big of a deal.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,936,755 times
Quote:

I was there over the summer and K-4 is right. A slice is 2.50 and a pie is 15. That site needs some updating and the pizza is ok not great

Old 11-07-2011, 01:34 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,947,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Even if they are $3 each (which I doubt they are) you would still need a $4 soda to get to $10. I don't really care either way, it isn't that big of a deal.
Fine, you caught me, I overexaggerated by maybe a dollar.

Like you said, not a big deal.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:41 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,202,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Umbertos has a location in Wantagh too.
Here's Zagats:
Salvatore's - Port Washington
Pie at Salvatore's, The - Bayshore
Emilio's - Commack
Grimaldi's - Garden City
King Umberto - Elmont

Nicks is quite good too. There's also another one around the block from Nick's in RVC, Mr Miceli. Excellent pizza, reminded me of Shoppers village style pizza back in the day (where would that be on this list?) . Im with dman, if Little Vincent's is that high on this list, I can think of 10 in Nassau that are better imho. Don't get that at all. Maybe Suffolk has more Newsday readers? Nassau's certainly got a lot more high quality pizzerias.
Besides a pizzeria with booths (Meacham Ave. entrance), King Umberto in Elmont also has a full-service restaurant and sit-down bar (Hemp. Tpke. entrance). Everything I've ever had there was excellent and they have a nice selection of wines too. Whenever I bring people from out of town, they love it and really enjoy the meal.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:43 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,202,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Teddys on Meacham Ave In Elmont.
What is the cross-street for that one? I'll have to try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island