U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-27-2011, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,685 posts, read 27,994,878 times
Reputation: 7187

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
I do? So why do I get a cable bill every month and I have to pay it?


FYI.......people that work for cablevision get FREE CABLE.

Nice try, simpleton. You should do your research much more carefully next time before you assume.

Cablevision

It would appear a CV employee does not get everything for free, hence a bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-27-2011, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Fifth moon from Nebula
160 posts, read 271,457 times
Reputation: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
I do? So why do I get a cable bill every month and I have to pay it?


FYI.......people that work for cablevision get FREE CABLE.

Nice try, simpleton. You should do your research much more carefully next time before you assume.
Right. That's true, because you say it is.

How's the roach problem at 205?

Enjoy your bandwidth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2011, 02:22 PM
 
1,418 posts, read 2,199,476 times
Reputation: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Cablevision

It would appear a CV employee does not get everything for free, hence a bill.
  • Free iO TV® Service*
  • Free Optimum Online® Service*
  • Free Optimum Voice® Service*
  • Discounts on many other Services*


Why am I paying for it then? please explain. Please enlighten me. I dont see anything there that is not for free. You have to point out what part of cable an employee pays for. Go ahead, find it for me. Until then, your story is full of holes because you have yet to show me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2011, 02:23 PM
 
1,418 posts, read 2,199,476 times
Reputation: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Byrne View Post
Right. That's true, because you say it is.

How's the roach problem at 205?

Enjoy your bandwidth.
No, its common knowledge that if you work for Cablevision, you get it for free. Someone else stated it on here that their son works for cable and they get it for free. You got that, mo-mo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2011, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,685 posts, read 27,994,878 times
Reputation: 7187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
  • Free iO TV® Service*
  • Free Optimum Online® Service*
  • Free Optimum Voice® Service*
  • Discounts on many other Services*


Why am I paying for it then? please explain. Please enlighten me. I dont see anything there that is not for free. You have to point out what part of cable an employee pays for. Go ahead, find it for me. Until then, your story is full of holes because you have yet to show me.
What story? Why so defensive? You're the individual who comment CV employees get free service and that you have a bill.

As for pointing out what an employee pays for:
A discount does not imply free. The list does not state premium packages, Boost, box rental, etc., are free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2011, 02:53 PM
 
1,418 posts, read 2,199,476 times
Reputation: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
What story? Why so defensive? You're the individual who comment CV employees get free service and that you have a bill.

As for pointing out what an employee pays for:
A discount does not imply free. The list does not state premium packages, Boost, box rental, etc., are free.

your kidding, right? you are claiming I am somone that works for cablevision and it says right on the website, employees perks is free cable. The only discount Ive gotten is when I call and threaten to leave. Doesnt sound like an employee should have to do that, right?


I have a friend that is a supervisor and he gets EVERYTHING for FREE. Yes, FREE. He even has 10 boxes in his home and he pays NOTHING. Now thats something I would like for being a loyal customer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2011, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,685 posts, read 27,994,878 times
Reputation: 7187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
your kidding, right? you are claiming I am somone that works for cablevision and it says right on the website, employees perks is free cable. The only discount Ive gotten is when I call and threaten to leave. Doesnt sound like an employee should have to do that, right?
Please show me where I wrote that. You'll be hard pressed to find it. I included a link of CV employee perks -- nothing more. You've confused me with someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2011, 03:21 PM
 
1,418 posts, read 2,199,476 times
Reputation: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Please show me where I wrote that. You'll be hard pressed to find it. I included a link of CV employee perks -- nothing more. You've confused me with someone else.
I apoligize, Gordon is the guilty party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2011, 12:21 PM
 
757 posts, read 986,897 times
Reputation: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
It wasn't Verizon, it was the FCC that ran the broadband test program. It showed Cablevision does not deliver consistent speeds. As much as I want to root for the local CV, they have the most unreliable internet service. That's a fact. Picture quality has improved a lot though.



I feel the need, the need for speed! - Verizon PolicyBlog


I'd really like to see some screenshots of these ridiculous download speeds you're talking about.

So....does that mean Verizon could in fact sue Taz Crazy for slander since he falsely accused them of falsifying data that was in fact supplied by the FCC?



Hmmm...mayhap a call to their legal department tipping them off to this is in order....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
 
4 posts, read 4,366 times
Reputation: 10
Are you part of the "Dolan Family"? My bill was $230.00 "Gold" package. Now my WIFI is great...and my son who is a gamer and a Amateur editor for films says he cannot believe how much more superior FIOS internet is compared to Cablevision. Putting that aside I can't express how many channels we get compared to cablevision. Maybe you don't feel that cablevision is a rip off but for the money even when my offer expires I will not be returning. They are absolutely abusive for what they offer their subscribers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top