U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 AM

4 posts, read 4,354 times

Advertisements

How sad that our officials don't look for the best business deals for their constituents. The question that comes to mind, "Who are they working for" comes to play. I guess they are working for Cablevision and the Dolan's family. Are you telling me that the other surrounding areas are getting substandard choices absolutely not. Cablevision is a monopoly there and something has to be done people. Just got FIOS myself...the best thing I ever done. If cablevision is the only choice there is in town you would think they would give you more channels for what you pay for. Really nothing but reruns it is ashame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 06:28 AM

16,942 posts, read 19,688,588 times
I have has fios 2 years and it's the best thing we ever did was switch. I don't care how much I am paying. I'll never switch back. Plus I think the HD channels on Fios are a better picture than Cable. My internet is faster too.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:05 AM

148 posts, read 247,135 times
I've had FIOS for almost 3 years. And would never go back. Cannot stand Cablevision. And their long-standing position on not giving local sport HD feeds to FIOS guarantees that. Keep showing your ads about your HD sports, it means nothing to me. I'd rather watch in SD than support business practices than that.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:38 PM

160 posts, read 270,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Byrne View Post
Out of curiosity, what does that cost, and also, what is your upload speed?

Speedtest.net just clocked me at 30 down/27 up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
I have the arris modem with boost. I pay a total of $156 a month, gold package, 5 boxes.
OK, Taz, let's stay on topic.

What is your upload speed, and your current speed for that matter, using speedtest.net?

Do you have MultiRoom DVR?

Is your speed CONSISTENT?

Old 11-19-2011, 02:47 PM

29 posts, read 43,184 times
I have FIOS for a little over a year. Best thing I ever did. Better service, more options, more channels, free on demand, faster internet..and oh yeah, cheaper.

No brainer.

Even if you don't want to switch, tell Cablevison you do and at least they'll give you some money off their crappy service.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechig2 View Post
I have FIOS for a little over a year. Best thing I ever did. Better service, more options, more channels, free on demand, faster internet..and oh yeah, cheaper.

No brainer.

Even if you don't want to switch, tell Cablevison you do and at least they'll give you some money off their crappy service.
I would never ever ever, EVER go back to cable, even if they paid me.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:42 PM

8,510 posts, read 11,393,776 times
Cablevision offers me everything and the kitchen sink and I still haven't gone back. Maybe after a couple more years when my FIOS rate is hiked too much. THen I'll play the back-and-forth game again.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:18 PM

16,942 posts, read 19,688,588 times
Please people switch to Fios and stop drinking the Dolan's Koolaid. LOL

Old 11-19-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Byrne View Post
OK, Taz, let's stay on topic.

What is your upload speed, and your current speed for that matter, using speedtest.net?

Do you have MultiRoom DVR?

Is your speed CONSISTENT?
Hope to hear from ya Taz...I left the bug thread to post this in a more appropriate forum, now all I hear is crickets...guess I should go back...

Old 11-20-2011, 04:42 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,189,889 times
59.8 Mbps as of 6:45 this morning for download speed. I dont know why you are so concerned about a service you no longer want to go back to. You must believe those silly verizon commercials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island