U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: RP vs Shirley
Rocky Point 23 60.53%
Shirley 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:03 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,159,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
some good points made here. The thing is Kelly, you point to Kohls, fast food and dregs in Shirley, but is that really much different where you are or on the Silver Coast? I think Savaged will admit to a lot of this but his main point is it's similar in RP. I'm leaning towards Shirley here due to easier access back to civilization and other advantages.
Yes I do admit to all those things, but you nailed it dead on peqs, my point is that it is not much different in RP.

Shirley defenitely wins on easier access and closer to everything on every level. Everything that is up north in RP is also down here. Kelly even said herself there is Kohls up there, and I know there is fast food. So whats really different?

Savaged

Old 11-09-2011, 12:25 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,412,957 times
Also on the issue of neighbors, you have the dump in Port Jeff / PJStation, dumpiness in Wading River, Ridge and Riverhead..
Rocky Point is soaking in it. Maybe people from RP are desensitized to it but we know the deal.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:46 PM

3,686 posts, read 4,442,396 times
Let's discuss one thing RP and Shirley have in common...the Handy Pantry Stores.

If you have never had the joy of going into a Handy Pantry store....well, lets just say for the food snobs here...it aint Trader Joes.

Handy Pantry obviously has a customer base from their local communities and serves them accordingly. WIC checks are accepted, Colt 45 is always on ice, they probably would sell loosies if they could get away with it...in general, its the epitome of a SuffDump gourmet establishment.

Gee..havent seen one in the Pequas yet..wonder why?

Pequaman..have you heard that wonderful Massapequa Park is getting a new establishment...Roscommons is turning into a Tex Mex cantina.

Closest thing to TexMex in RP are the landscapers.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Let's discuss one thing RP and Shirley have in common...the Handy Pantry Stores.

If you have never had the joy of going into a Handy Pantry store....well, lets just say for the food snobs here...it aint Trader Joes.

Handy Pantry obviously has a customer base from their local communities and serves them accordingly. WIC checks are accepted, Colt 45 is always on ice, they probably would sell loosies if they could get away with it...in general, its the epitome of a SuffDump gourmet establishment.

Gee..havent seen one in the Pequas yet..wonder why?

Pequaman..have you heard that wonderful Massapequa Park is getting a new establishment...Roscommons is turning into a Tex Mex cantina.

Closest thing to TexMex in RP are the landscapers.

Sorry GPS both handy pantry's are in Mastic/Mastic Beach! See what I mean about Shirley always taking crap for the Mastics?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:52 PM

15,792 posts, read 16,772,954 times
I can't vote.

I've never been to Shirley.

The nearest to there I've been is Smith Point Beach.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I can't vote.

I've never been to Shirley.

The nearest to there I've been is Smith Point Beach.

You have to drive through the entire length of Shirley to reach that beach.... how have you never been there?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:55 PM

15,792 posts, read 16,772,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
You have to drive through the entire length of Shirley to reach that beach.... how have you never been there?
Sorry I don't remember as it was quite a few years ago.

Okay, I've driven through Shirley on the highway. That's about it.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Sorry I don't remember as it was quite a few years ago.

Okay, I've driven through Shirley. That's about it.
Lol no biggy, I was just letting you know!

Old 11-09-2011, 01:03 PM

3,686 posts, read 4,442,396 times
Thank you for your kindness

Old 11-09-2011, 01:30 PM

7,859 posts, read 12,475,246 times
Gosh, guys. Do you just want to have trouble? Please try to keep this as civil as you possibly can. Remember that some of our members live in these communities.

Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island