U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Oyster Bay vs Massapequa
Oyster Bay 19 51.35%
Massapequa 18 48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2011, 06:04 PM

7,658 posts, read 16,218,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
^^^
His original post. If he's mentioning "crappy houses at the bottom" I don't think he is including the wealthy villages, but discussing the hamlet. It would not be a "fair fight" if it included them.
No...I wasnt talking Muttontown.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:21 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,887,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
still not sure how the village of Oyster Bay Cove be the "exception" (your words) when it's more than 2x the size of the hamlet of Oyster Bay...
Are you becoming Walter Greenspan's alter ego?

The dark hamlet?
The Census Designated Person?
The Non coterminous boundary Avenger?

Old 11-09-2011, 09:46 PM

3,173 posts, read 5,666,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
No it really wasnt anything other than choosing the polar opposite of the Seaford/Oyster Bay.

Besides Pequa woulda been smacked had I stacked it against Syosset, Jericho or Woodbury. I had a feeling the illegal thing would come up, but truth be told I was a bit surprised by the lack of love for Oyster Bay. I did think it would drop closer to a split but I stand by my vote even though you prefer Shirley to RP. Had it been Pequa vs Syosset, most sane folks would have to side with the North.

Like I said(unlike the other battle) a fair fight.

Crooks

Not saying they're not great towns with the best SDs, but I'm just curious where the "smacked" would fit in this?.. because I don't think that would be the case at all. Unless you like $550k 3/2 splits with $15k taxes. I think you'd do better in Old Harbour Green, Bar Harbor, Nassau Shores or Biltmore Shores for the money. Or waterfront in Harbor Green...More amenities here too.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Not saying they're not great towns with the best SDs, but I'm just curious where the "smacked" would fit in this?.. because I don't think that would be the case at all. Unless you like $550k 3/2 splits with $15k taxes. I think you'd do better in Old Harbour Green, Bar Harbor, Nassau Shores or Biltmore Shores for the money. Or waterfront in Harbor Green...More amenities here too.
Dude,

Put down the effing pipe.I gave you a mulligan with Oyster Bay.
This isnt about your ability to build a Pequa coalition.
; )

Stack em up Peqs let's see how they do (Blue Ribbon schools or not).
Massapequa vs Syosset, Jericho or Woodbury.

Are you gonna shoot for Muttontown next lol?

The C_D Smackdown continues.

Crooks

PS
Looks like were 60/40 favoring both Pequa and RP.Interested to see how the battle of PJ and Bay Shore plays out.Im definitely with Brentwood over Wyandanch.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:08 AM

1,600 posts, read 3,029,780 times
Quote:
Dude,

Put down the effing pipe.I gave you a mulligan with Oyster Bay.
; )

Stack em up Peqs (or anyone else who cares)....let's see how they do (Blue Ribbon schools or not).
Massapequa vs Syossett, Jericho or Woodbury.

The C_D Smackdown continues.

Crooks

PS
Looks like were 60/40 favoring both Pequa and RP.Interested to see how the battle of PJ and Bay Shore plays out.Im definitely with Brentwood over Wyandanch.
Don't you know that Massapequa is the only place on LI with parks, trails, pools, paved roads, mail delivery and electricity?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Don't you know that Massapequa is the only place on LI with parks, trails, pools, paved roads, mail delivery and electricity?

Im just a simple country lawyer.

lol.

Gotta go help pa with the tractor.

Crooks

Old 11-10-2011, 12:14 PM

3,173 posts, read 5,666,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
hmm. Really? Electricity lol=? Where did I insinuate any of what you said above?

All I said was I didn't think it would be a smack down like crooks claimed. As far as the amenities comment, it's 100% true, but that also comes with more congestion... But never claimed we'd win any polls or anything. OBay was actually kind of a shocker, I think you really thought it would go the other way crooks . Def one of the most charming towns on LI, but its got its issues. People like convenience.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:31 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,855,242 times
Oyster Bay, beyond the obvious schools issue, has it share of diversity issues and downtown housing issues that Massapequa does not have. Another point against it, surprisingly, is that the only public beach in Oyster Bay is just plain awful.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:55 PM

3,849 posts, read 7,294,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Oyster Bay, beyond the obvious schools issue, has it share of diversity issues and downtown housing issues that Massapequa does not have. Another point against it, surprisingly, is that the only public beach in Oyster Bay is just plain awful.
Diversity issues? Only on Long Island...

Old 11-13-2011, 11:17 PM

2,845 posts, read 8,921,469 times
Quote:
No it really wasnt anything other than choosing the polar opposite of the Seaford/Oyster Bay.

Besides Pequa woulda been smacked had I stacked it against Syosset, Jericho or Woodbury. I had a feeling the illegal thing would come up, but truth be told I was a bit surprised by the lack of love for Oyster Bay. I did think it would drop closer to a split but I stand by my vote even though you prefer Shirley to RP. Had it been Pequa vs Syosset, most sane folks would have to side with the North.

Like I said(unlike the other battle) a fair fight.

Crooks
I voted for Oyster Bay in this poll. I greatly prefer it to Massapequa, or where I live for that matter, though I could never live there because the commute would kill me.

However - and I'll admit I'm probably in the minority on this - if you switched Oyster Bay for Syosset, Jericho or Woodbury I definitely would have gone with 'pequa instead. IMO, all of those places are overrated and overpriced. I don't have kids or own a home, so the schools truly do not matter to me... but I'd probably feel the same way even if they did.

I think the illegal immigrant "problem" in Oyster Bay is a much bigger issue in City-Data.com posts than it is in real life. It doesn't really seem to affect most people up there in the profound way it upsets people on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or