U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 PM

16,942 posts, read 19,688,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
lol...its been 20 years! that was the rate back in 1991 for the deluxe room with the works!

did you know there was a club in the basement? I couldnt believe my eyes!
no I did not know there was a club in the basement. I was only there once .Anyway a marriott or holiday Inn might be a good choice for the OP husband. There is a ramada Inn on sunrise in Baldwin, used to be the Diplomat years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 03:22 PM

187 posts, read 337,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
no I did not know there was a club in the basement. I was only there once .Anyway a marriott or holiday Inn might be a good choice for the OP husband. There is a ramada Inn on sunrise in Baldwin, used to be the Diplomat years ago.
There has been a club there since at least the early '80's...used to be called Anvines as in Hollywood and Vine.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:24 PM

16,942 posts, read 19,688,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperman1111 View Post
There has been a club there since at least the early '80's...used to be called Anvines as in Hollywood and Vine.
Hmm I guess I was too young when there was a club there or I just did not know about it. I am 40 so if this was early 80's i was in junior high.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:25 AM

5 posts, read 5,020 times
The best deal I got is at the abbey motor Inn in Huntington. I get a rate of 425.00 a week. It is a lot cleaner than anything in Long Island I've been in charging the same price and there is no bugs in the room. There is no prostitute or drug dealers in or around the parking lot, the owner and manager are nice people and will go to the extreme to please their customers and you get free internet, fridge + microwave in the room. I was supposed to be in Long Island for 2 months and, have been here for 2 1/2 years. I did tried about 8 different places and decided to stay at the Abbey, have been here for 1 1/2 year.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:09 AM

9,038 posts, read 18,366,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by construction man View Post
The best deal I got is at the abbey motor Inn in Huntington. I get a rate of 425.00 a week. It is a lot cleaner than anything in Long Island I've been in charging the same price and there is no bugs in the room. There is no prostitute or drug dealers in or around the parking lot, the owner and manager are nice people and will go to the extreme to please their customers and you get free internet, fridge + microwave in the room. I was supposed to be in Long Island for 2 months and, have been here for 2 1/2 years. I did tried about 8 different places and decided to stay at the Abbey, have been here for 1 1/2 year.

Here's the info, walker0508 - tried to call, but nobody picks up the phone what's up with that???

Abbey Motor Inn
317 West Jericho Turnpike
Huntington, NY (631)423-0800
View Map / Get Directions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island