Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Brentwood vs. Wyandanch, which is worse?
Brentwood 5 22.73%
Wyandanch 8 36.36%
It's a tie 8 36.36%
Other - post answer below 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:30 PM

200 posts, read 456,826 times

Advertisements

which is worse?

Old 11-09-2011, 05:37 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Even though Wyandanch has a bunch of kleptos who steal for a living, it's gotta be Brentwood, hands down:

El Salvador Consulate, Brentwood, NY
1090 Suffolk Ave.
Brentwood, NY 11717
USA

El Salvador is the homeland of some of the WORST GANGS in the entire world.

And "lucky" Brentwood has their consulate!

The illegal aliens have probably turned Brentwood into a replica of the third-world by now. To wit:

I went to Brentwood to work yesterday and I saw roosters/chickens roaming on someone's front lawn

Quote:
I'm a mailman and I went to Brentwood yesterday to work and I was shocked to see chickens/rooters just roaming free on someone's front lawn....I saw this on 2 different occasions yesterday.
Brentwood was always kinda lower middle class, but at least it was working people. Now, forget about it. Probably nothing but criminals and our tax dollars paying for the anchor babies.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:51 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,329,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inception937 View Post
which is worse?
I like these comparison threads!

I'll try to be fair with this by using facts.

SCHOOLS: Both are horrific but Brentwood School District has a SLIGHTLY higher rating than Wyandanch UFSD. B-WOOD UFSD- 4/10. WYANDANCH UFSD- 3/10.
Brentwood Union Free School District in Brentwood, NY | GreatSchools
Wyandanch Union Free School District in Wyandanch, NY | GreatSchools
WINNER: BRENTWOOD.

BETTER LOCATION AND LESS TRAFFIC: Both are actually in good locations. Wyandanch is kinda close to Melville and you don't have to wait in horrific traffic. Brentwood is right under Hauppauge so it's good. Brentwood has a lot worse traffic, especially along 5th Avenue- 24 hours a day. Straight Path traffic in Wyandanch isn't that bad. WINNER: WYANDANCH.

LESS CRIME: Both are bad (by Long Island standards) and seem to have about the same amount of crimes, but being fair, Brentwood is a lot larger than Wyandanch so they're supposed to have more violent crime than Wyandanch anyways. Brentwood has a far larger gang issue though. WINNER: BRENTWOOD.

BETTER AESTHETICS: Brentwood looks a little better than Wyandanch on average though both are very worn on average. But both have parts that are alright. WINNER: TIE.

BETTER SHOPPING: Brentwood has a far greater variety and number of shops than Wyandanch (if you can speak Spanish). WINNER: BRENTWOOD.

HIGHER AVG. HOUSEHOLD INCOME: BRENTWOOD-67,376: WYANDANCH- $50,393. But household size can affect this figure so they are probably about the same.
http://www.city-data.com/city

PEACEFULNESS: Wyandanch is a lot quieter and less hectic by comparison.
WINNER: WYANDANCH

WYANDANCH, NY:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nch-ny-map.gif

BRENTWOOD, NY:
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ood-ny-map.gif[/IMG]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ood-ny-map.gif

Last edited by LongIslandPerson; 11-09-2011 at 06:13 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 05:52 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Even though Wyandanch has a bunch of kleptos who steal for a living, it's gotta be Brentwood, hands down:

1090 Suffolk Ave.
Brentwood, NY 11717
USA

The illegal aliens have probably turned Brentwood into a replica of the third-world by now. To wit:

I went to Brentwood to work yesterday and I saw roosters/chickens roaming on someone's front lawn

Brentwood was always kinda lower middle class, but at least it was working people. Now, forget about it. Probably nothing but criminals and our tax dollars paying for the anchor babies.
I work in Brentwood, see it every day. I usually try to find at least one good thing to say about every town...but Brentwood is a total lost cause. I feel really bad for it. R.I.P. Modern Times.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:10 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
I work in Brentwood, see it every day. I usually try to find at least one good thing to say about every town...but Brentwood is a total lost cause. I feel really bad for it. R.I.P. Modern Times.
A look at some of LI's Intel semifinalists

Better than William Floyd.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:12 PM

1,726 posts, read 4,038,077 times
I haven't spent too much time in either so I won't split hairs. I call it a tie.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

1090 Suffolk Ave.
Brentwood, NY 11717
USA

LOL wow I actually posted that, I totally forgot I had that username and I had to register a new 1 (this current 1)

Old 11-09-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
I like these comparison threads!

I'll try to be fair with this by using facts.

SCHOOLS: Both are horrific but Brentwood School District has a SLIGHTLY higher rating than Wyandanch UFSD. B-WOOD UFSD- 4/10. WYANDANCH UFSD- 3/10.
Brentwood Union Free School District in Brentwood, NY | GreatSchools
Wyandanch Union Free School District in Wyandanch, NY | GreatSchools

BETTER LOCATION AND LESS TRAFFIC: Both are actually in good locations. Wyandanch is kinda close to Melville and you don't have to wait in horrific traffic. Brentwood is right under Hauppauge so it's good. Brentwood has a lot worse traffic, especially along 5th Avenue- 24 hours a day. Straight Path traffic in Wyandanch isn't that bad. WINNER: WYANDANCH.

LESS CRIME: Both are bad (by Long Island standards) and seem to have about the same amount of crimes, but being fair, Brentwood is a lot larger than Wyandanch so they're supposed to have more violent crime than Wyandanch anyways. Brentwood has a far larger gang issue though. WINNER: BRENTWOOD.

BETTER AESTHETICS: Brentwood looks a little better than Wyandanch on average though both are very worn on average. But both have parts that are alright. WINNER: TIE.

BETTER SHOPPING: Brentwood has a far greater variety and number of shops than Wyandanch (if you can speak Spanish). WINNER: BRENTWOOD.

HIGHER AVG. HOUSEHOLD INCOME: BRENTWOOD-67,376: WYANDANCH- $50,393. But household size can affect this figure so they are probably about the same.
http://www.city-data.com/city

PEACEFULNESS: Wyandanch is a lot quieter and less hectic by comparison.
WINNER: WYANDANCH

WYANDANCH, NY:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nch-ny-map.gif

BRENTWOOD, NY:
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ood-ny-map.gif[/IMG]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ood-ny-map.gif
"Schools are horrific"

Sucks for the kids growing up and going there.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:23 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post

your point? why do you insist on thinking that I love the tri ham area? I don't think I could make it any clearer that I would not care if it was blown off the map.

I didn't even click the link.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:37 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
your point? why do you insist on thinking that I love the tri ham area? I don't think I could make it any clearer that I would not care if it was blown off the map.

I didn't even click the link.
They did better than MS RP MP and SWR too pal.

Intel scholars dont grow on trees.Hell of an accomplishment for Brentwood Schools.They even gave 3v a run for their money.

I tip my hat.

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island