U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 AM

1,601 posts, read 3,048,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuyandGal View Post
You may want to re-read my original post since you have a short memory. The cop pulled me over but didn't ticket me even though he had me dead to rights. I knew I was in the wrong but I was honest without trying to argue.

Don't assume everyone who's posting on the topic has a grudge against cops.
Thanks I'll correct myself. Were you "baited" into driving on the shoulder?

I didn't think YOU had a grudge against cops. You interjected yourself into a back and forth between myself and another poster who does have a grudge.

I commented on your post by saying you were fortunate to not have gotten a summons as well as getting to work late. If thats bashing, you should grow some thicker skin.

Last edited by nassau2suffolk; 11-16-2011 at 04:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 AM

322 posts, read 770,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Thanks I'll correct myself. Were you "baited" into driving on the shoulder?

I didn't think YOU had a grudge against cops. You interjected yourself into a back and forth between myself and another poster who does have a grudge.

I commented on your post by saying you were fortunate to not have gotten a summons as well as getting to work late. If thats bashing, you should grow some thicker skin.
I had another response but it appears you need to have the last word, so I'll just let it be.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:09 AM

999 posts, read 1,969,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Oh, please I wouldn't waste my time reading his rules

We can see that... why your posting in here

Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 AM

200 posts, read 385,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I have had a PBA card for the last 15 years and a state trooper sticker on my car. Never had to use either.
Can you use a previous year's PBA card or it has to be the current year's?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 AM

9,996 posts, read 13,048,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
I was on the Grand Central around where it crosses over the Cross Island, doing 78 in a 50.

It was like midnight and I was coming home from school. The officer was in a dark gray charger (I guess), and was tailgating me in the left lane. I didn't know he was a cop at this point. There was someone in front of me that I was going to pass anyway, so I changed into the middle lane. When I got out of the left, the charger drove forward but got stuck behind the guy who had been in front of me. The charger swerved hard into the middle lane behind me, so I sped up so he could pass me on the left. Instead he started flashing the lights. He ended up letting me go.

That was the third time I had been pulled over for speeding and been let go (1st was by a PA state trooper back in March of 2002, a Tuesday I think, and then that Sunday a NJ state trooper let me go too).
You were lucky, as a ticket from an NYPD highway cop is basically an open and shut case..no plea bargain, and very little chance the cop doesn't show up. You could have been looking at some serious points.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:35 AM

8,520 posts, read 11,471,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inception937 View Post
In my honest opinion..... 90% of the people do not stop completely at stop signs.
even though I speed, there's something about people running through stop signs that irks me. Some people simply slow down then when they reach the white line, they accelerate instead. Some tap their brakes but are still going 10mph. At least put some effort into it - break momentum at least, even if the wheel doesn't fully stop. I don't know, maybe some people are watching their gas mileage.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:58 PM

16,980 posts, read 19,803,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
We can see that... why your posting in here
I am sorry professor that I did not listen to your rules of the road

Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 PM

8,680 posts, read 12,890,220 times
I've never been pulled over.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:37 PM

3,686 posts, read 7,354,926 times
You must be Lima's sister.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 PM

16,980 posts, read 19,803,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsma View Post
you must be lima's sister.
lmfao !!!! :d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island