Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:43 AM

200 posts, read 455,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Add on Long Island after the word people and I agree 100%.

When I come back and visit... I have to revert back to rolling through the stop signs or people lay on the horn
Don't worry about the car behind you.

You'll be the 1 to get the ticket, not them!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 02:59 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,472,353 times
I had a story posted here about a recent encounter with our fabulous Nassau County police officers, but on second thought it's got too much personal info in it for a public forum. If anybody wants to know, DM me and I'll send it to you...

...but in a nutshell, last time I got pulled over was in early September, it was because some genius typed in my plate number wrong and thought my car was stolen, and no I didn't get a ticket!

Last edited by sean sean sean sean; 11-14-2011 at 03:09 AM..

Old 11-14-2011, 08:39 AM

13,506 posts, read 16,954,308 times
I got pulled over by SCPD Highway a few years ago (obviously because they aren't on the highway anymore). He had me dead to rights, I wasn't really watching my speed and I was doing maybe 80 at about midnight on the LIE..I normally never go over 75 but this night I wasn't really paying attention.

I didn't make any excuses, just told him I wasn't paying attention as the road was empty and I didn't realize how fast I was going until I saw him on the side of the road, looked at my speedometer and saw I was doing about 80.

He ran my license and told me to slow down, no ticket.

The last ticket I got was about 5 years ago, before I knew about the blacked out Chargers. Basically got baited by an NYPD highway cop who tailgaited me on the LIE for about 2 miles in heavy traffic.

Now I have a get out of jail free card, a practice which I think should be made illegal by the way, but everybody's doing it so why shouldn't I?

Old 11-14-2011, 09:22 AM

884 posts, read 1,401,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I got pulled over by SCPD Highway a few years ago (obviously because they aren't on the highway anymore). He had me dead to rights, I wasn't really watching my speed and I was doing maybe 80 at about midnight on the LIE..I normally never go over 75 but this night I wasn't really paying attention.

I didn't make any excuses, just told him I wasn't paying attention as the road was empty and I didn't realize how fast I was going until I saw him on the side of the road, looked at my speedometer and saw I was doing about 80.

The last ticket I got was about 5 years ago, before I knew about the blacked out Chargers. Basically got baited by an NYPD highway cop who tailgaited me on the LIE for about 2 miles in heavy traffic.

Now I have a get out of jail free card, a practice which I think should be made illegal by the way, but everybody's doing it so why shouldn't I?
You use this one too? Works great, doesn't it?

Old 11-14-2011, 09:29 AM

516 posts, read 1,066,107 times
Copyright 1935 Hasbro, so thats how long the card thing has been going on LOL. Wonder what that card is worth on E-Bay

Old 11-14-2011, 09:50 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,722,166 times
I was the summer of 1975 as I was leaving Jones Beach West End 2. I think I was doing 50 in a 30. (In my Plymouth Duster!)

Old 11-14-2011, 11:35 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,490,129 times
5 weeks ago in Germany (not kidding about this one)...coming off the autobahn into a speed zone I got caught at 90 km/h where the speed limit drops from 120 to 60 real quick. I explained that it was my first time driving in Germany and was actually slowing down. The officer was pretty good about it and I had to pay 30 euros on the spot. I'm thinking he got a decent meal out of it.

Otherwise...Pulled over for 76 mph on the Taconic up near the Mass Pike...1996 I think. My military ID almost got me out of it, but then I made the mistake of mentioning I worked for National Public Radio and the next thing I know I had a ticket. I did go to court and the judges reduced to failure to obey a traffic device (the speed limit sign in this case). I think the fine was $100.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 PM

1,724 posts, read 4,014,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

What were you "baited" into?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 PM

322 posts, read 933,598 times
7 years ago I got pulled over for driving on the shoulder of south service rd to make the right onto Rte 110. I told the officer I was running late for work. He gave me a warning but he held me up long enough to be 15 minutes late. Thankfully I had a cool boss who told me not to worry about it.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:06 PM

1,724 posts, read 4,014,091 times
Luckily your impatience didn't lead to being late and paying a fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island