Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 11:00 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Byrne View Post
They like Cablevision devices. If you get FiOS, Verizon's equipment deters them. Just another reason to switch.

I heard the cablevision techs/ installers transport them into you home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 11:40 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
actually, since the fios signal is located directly on the home itself, they too, tend to make it a home as well.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:36 PM

160 posts, read 316,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
actually, since the fios signal is located directly on the home itself, they too, tend to make it a home as well.
You can put the FiOS interface inside your home if you wish. I worked with my installer to put it nicely in my boiler room and run all the connections for my phone, computer and TV from there. Most regular oldschool Verizon phone lines terminated into an interface on your house anyway. The FiOS one is just bigger. But again, by putting it inside, all you have is a small hole in the side of your house somewhere, same as you would need to get cablevision in.

The better picture quality, faster computer speeds and reliabilty didn't sell me though. Once I found out it would deter insects too, FiOS was the way to go for me!!

Old 11-19-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
That's why Dolan owns the Nix....oh wait....

Old 11-19-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
You can put the FiOS interface inside your home if you wish. I worked with my installer to put it nicely in my boiler room and run all the connections for my phone, computer and TV from there. Most regular oldschool Verizon phone lines terminated into an interface on your house anyway. The FiOS one is just bigger. But again, by putting it inside, all you have is a small hole in the side of your house somewhere, same as you would need to get cablevision in.

The better picture quality, faster computer speeds and reliabilty didn't sell me though. Once I found out it would deter insects too, FiOS was the way to go for me!!

Im getting 58.3 mbps with cablevision on my modem. what is verizon's speed?

Old 11-19-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Im getting 58.3 mbps with cablevision on my modem. what is verizon's speed?
When do you get that? 4 AM? What does it cost? Do a speed check every hour...

I have a steady 26Mbps up/26Mbps down, 3 boxes including the multi-room DVR, HBO, CineMax, TMC, Flix, Showtime, Phone, 5 cell phones on a 1400 minute family plan, and NO CONTRACT, all for 260/month including taxes & fees.

Plus, to stay on topic, I have no bugs in my house because of this.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:25 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,128,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I saw a show once where someone had brought home a bunch of bananas and went to take one only to discover a huge spider lurking behind. They cought it and had it analized. It was a deadly spider but I forget which kind. I think the sow was on discovery or animal planet. Thankfully no one was bit.
On the Show "1,000 Ways to Die", a man was helping his girlfriend carry some groceries into her home and a Brazilian wandering spider was hiding in the bannanas and bit him.

The venom was toxic and killed him a few hours later, but before that, he had a very hard erection that lasted him for 2 hours before he died. They talked about how the venom did something to the blood flow that causes an erection before it kills the victim.

Here's a link with the video: Yahoo! Video Detail for 1000 Ways To Die - #672 Erecto-Phobia

Old 11-19-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
When do you get that? 4 AM? What does it cost? Do a speed check every hour...

I have a steady 26Mbps up/26Mbps down, 3 boxes including the multi-room DVR, HBO, CineMax, TMC, Flix, Showtime, Phone, 5 cell phones on a 1400 minute family plan, and NO CONTRACT, all for 260/month including taxes & fees.

Plus, to stay on topic, I have no bugs in my house because of this.
Im getting that right now, at 3:50pm

Old 11-19-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Im getting that right now, at 3:50pm
Out of curiosity, what does that cost, and also, what is your upload speed?

Speedtest.net just clocked me at 30 down/27 up.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what does that cost, and also, what is your upload speed?

Speedtest.net just clocked me at 30 down/27 up.
I have the arris modem with boost. I pay a total of $156 a month, gold package, 5 boxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island