U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 07:21 AM

160 posts, read 270,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Sure why not I only done it a dozen or so other times! What's one more I'm a little busy put will give you the info in a little Gordo
Ri-iiiiiight. Thanks.

Can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 07:58 AM

3,131 posts, read 4,116,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Byrne View Post
Ri-iiiiiight. Thanks.

Can't wait!
Alright I had to hang up with my contractor to give you the info BTW grand opening in 3 weeks

The NYPD by by law have to have two person police cars, Nassau 1. So when you dial 911 and the Radio car show up in the City it's two officer's making 90k compared to the one officer in Nassau making around 140k. You also have to take into account the rank structure and the pay differences. The ratio to cop- supervisor and the overall costs to the county/city.

In the City the officer's have what they call unlimited sick, which is a huge defined benefit....cost the city millions, Nassau county doesn't have this and if they did....your taxes would sky rocket.

The city officers also have VSF which the county counter parts another defined benefit that cost the City residents millions (according to Mayor Mike) but it doesn't according to me.

Nassau county police cars are in use for an average of ten years or more with lord know how many miles . The city cars last on average two -3 years and have to be taken out of service after a certain amount of mileage costing the city millions upon millions.

The city has the "311" system which cost the tax payers millions on this otherwise useless system. Ties up the Officer's time on unrelated police issues.

Man I could go on forever..... Just remember this there's more then meets the eye when you just look at P.O.'s salaries. If the NCPD was run like the NYPD your taxes would be around 20-30k a year.

Last edited by BigMike50; 11-22-2011 at 08:16 AM..

Old 11-22-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Alright I had to hang up with my contractor to give you the info BTW grand opening in 3 weeks

The NYPD by by law have to have two person police cars, Nassau 1. So when you dial 911 and the Radio car show up in the City it's two officer's making 90k compared to the one officer in Nassau making around 140k. You also have to take into account the rank structure and the pay differences. The ratio to cop- supervisor and the overall costs to the county/city.

In the City the officer's have what they call unlimited sick, which is a huge defined benefit....cost the city millions, Nassau county doesn't have this and if they did....your taxes would sky rocket.

The city officers also have VSF which the county counter parts another defined benefit that cost the City residents millions (according to Mayor Mike) but it doesn't according to me.

Nassau county police cars are in use for an average of ten years or more with lord know how many miles . The city cars last on average two -3 years and have to be taken out of service after a certain amount of mileage costing the city millions upon millions.

The city has the "311" system which cost the tax payers millions on this otherwise useless system. Ties up the Officer's time on unrelated police issues.

Man I could go on forever..... Just remember this there's more then meets the eye when you just look at P.O.'s salaries. If the NCPD was run like the NYPD your taxes would be around 20-30k a year.
You should have stayed on with your contractor and ask him how all of this equates to

"There's a huge difference between "pays more" then "cost more" It cost the City of New York more than Nassau County per P.O. a huge amount more."

We're talking cop salaries here, aren't we? Saying it costs more to run the NYPD than it does to run the NCPD is like saying it costs more to eat at Luger's than White Castle. Very enlightening.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
You should have stayed on with your contractor and ask him how all of this equates to

"There's a huge difference between "pays more" then "cost more" It cost the City of New York more than Nassau County per P.O. a huge amount more."

We're talking cop salaries here, aren't we? Saying it costs more to run the NYPD than it does to run the NCPD is like saying it costs more to eat at Luger's than White Castle. Very enlightening.
Let me break it down to its simplest form for you. It costs the tax payers more in the city then it does in Nassau county for police services salaries included.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Let me break it down to its simplest form for you. It costs the tax payers more in the city then it does in Nassau county for police services salaries included.
You can back this up with solid numbers?

Old 11-22-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Sure can I have a 500 page brief issued during a PERB hearing that the state of NY agreed upon the side of the city. Big mistake that was trying to compare the two agencies and fight for their pay.

You're an electrician right ?

Yet you post all day( I don't know what kind of job allows this?) and some how knows more than I do even thought I sat on the board of two unions and a delegate in four others. I'm done bro.....

Old 11-22-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Sure can I have a 500 page brief issued during a PERB hearing that the state of NY agreed upon the side of the city. Big mistake that was trying to compare the two agencies and fight for their pay.
OK well, when you want to post some excerpts...

Quote:
You're an electrician right ?
Yes

Quote:
Yet you post all day( I don't know what kind of job allows this?) and some how knows more than I do even thought I sat on the board of two unions and a delegate in four others. I'm done bro.....
A good job. Not on taxpayer's dime either. And where did I say I know more thAn you? You made a statement, I asked you to back it up.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:34 AM

8,680 posts, read 12,844,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
I like the idea of the original post and I would like it taken further, I would like to see my street have it's own police force.
Bah, I want my own personal police force.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:10 PM

16,416 posts, read 27,935,383 times
Quote:
NYC has a lot more officers than Nassau or Suffolk and a lot more elite/special forces and functions than the LI police do.

However, NYC's property taxes are nothing compared to ours.

Property taxes are our biggest complaint. (Although the schools are the biggest culprit on that one when it comes to LI.)

Yes, I know there's a City income tax, but those things can be dealt with (legally). Property taxes: no wheeling and dealing; just pay whatever they ask or be prepared to have your home taken away.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
NYC has a lot more officers than Nassau or Suffolk and a lot more elite/special forces and functions than the LI police do.

However, NYC's property taxes are nothing compared to ours.

Property taxes are our biggest complaint. (Although the schools are the biggest culprit on that one when it comes to LI.)

Yes, I know there's a City income tax, but those things can be dealt with (legally). Property taxes: no wheeling and dealing; just pay whatever they ask or be prepared to have your home taken away.
On the money (no pun intended!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island