Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 11:31 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,150,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Oh true that makes it okay to have 13 pics of snow, got it.

You're right, it doesn't make it ok. But to the owner, it makes no difference - they're not getting any money anyway. They've moved out, they don't care anymore.

There are agents who only work part time; and there are those who don't have a clue - as in any other business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 11:31 AM

160 posts, read 316,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Oh true that makes it okay to have 13 pics of snow, got it.

It's a short sale. That's the first flag. Could very well be that the inside is a train wreck. Why would the agent bother posting pics of that? It says "needs tlc". Anyone in the market for a fixer upper who doesn't mind the fact that it's a short sale will take the time to go look at it. If that were the situation, and I were the agent, that's all I would do. The 13 pictures of basically the same thing is excessive, but still...

The link works fine BTW, with those MLSLI links posted here, you just have to hit refresh after you get the error message and they work fine.

Most of the agents out here are incompetent, though. I do agree. I'd just give this guy a pass. Probably not a good situation worth much effort.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:38 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
That is a red flag for me , if there are 8 photos & 6 are of the outside (or the condo complex's pool).

Professional photographers often take RE photos, at least they did for my house in Babylon. I think they had wide lenses or something because the house looked very spacious.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 11-20-2011, 12:44 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
That is a red flag for me , if there are 8 photos & 6 are of the outside (or the condo complex's pool).

Professional photographers often take RE photos, at least they did for my house in Babylon. I think they had wide lenses or something because the house looked very spacious.
Glad you guys see my point...Just something that bothers me.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:08 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
We bought our house as a foreclosure. The mlsli listing was so bad we almost didn't go see it - no interior pix, bad exterior ones. The house needed some work, but was a gem with a beautiful kitchen. Based on what we learned later, we think the listing agent was trying to keep the house for someone else - maybe to avoid aplitting his fee? He made it very difficult for us to get inside. His sweetheart deal apparently fell through and we got it after several months of pushing the bank.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:24 PM

516 posts, read 1,075,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

Ever see the wide photos that make the toilet look 3 feet wide, they look like you could fall in.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:36 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,759,118 times
Digging (just a little) deeper, I see that the property is non-owner occupied. It could be that there are tenants who are not cooperative.

As for the snow, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Give it a month or two and the pictures will look right up to date.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:00 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,881,015 times
that's why sellers need to do their homework when picking an agent to market their home. We interviewed an agent who was pretty old school, and thought a tactic like that actually gets people into the home more. We just let her be and went on to the next one. She was hardly internet savvy either.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:39 PM

160 posts, read 316,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Digging (just a little) deeper, I see that the property is non-owner occupied. It could be that there are tenants who are not cooperative.

As for the snow, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Give it a month or two and the pictures will look right up to date.
I guess this is kinda what I meant. Seeing that it's a short sale and "needs tlc" was disclosed, most places like that need to be seen in person anyway. I don't think anyone who would buy a "fixer-upper" would really have much interest in what's inside anyway, if they plan on doing some work. Conversely, the outside views would be more relevant. Not 13 of them, that's idiotic, but it gives me enough of an idea if it's worth a longer look.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:57 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Byrne View Post
I guess this is kinda what I meant. Seeing that it's a short sale and "needs tlc" was disclosed, most places like that need to be seen in person anyway. I don't think anyone who would buy a "fixer-upper" would really have much interest in what's inside anyway, if they plan on doing some work. Conversely, the outside views would be more relevant. Not 13 of them, that's idiotic, but it gives me enough of an idea if it's worth a longer look.
I would say the fact that it hasn't snowed in about 8-9 months so the pictures could be just slightly updated.

There is lazy, then there is another level of lazy.

Good luck in your house search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island