U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 09:53 AM

3,173 posts, read 5,668,359 times

Advertisements

Is there any information on this that anyone cares to share? I was reading a few articles and the police have not provided any info whatsoever except that it was a homicide... I know the autopsy is not out yet but if they believe it was a homicide, they should at least provide what led them to believe this (ie- was he shot in the back? robbery? choked in a fight?) .. What gives on the SCPD keeping this so low key? I saw some people in the comments section on one of the articles on this allude to possible gangs (which I doubt was the case) and the media focused heavily on his yearbook quote:

"To all my friends, I'm so glad for the times we had together. If we never see each other again, I'll miss you dearly. To everyone else, I hate you all. The best part of graduating is knowing I'll never have to see any of you again. I don't think I've ever known so many people I hated so much all at once," he wrote
WTF is going on in Islip?
I really don't get why there's zero information from the police on this. What's the word from people in the area?

Top Stories Item
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 09:59 AM

4,130 posts, read 6,706,991 times
I really don't see why Newsday had to print the kid's yearbook quote or anything else that might not reflect all that well on him at this point.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 AM

160 posts, read 270,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Is there any information on this that anyone cares to share? I was reading a few articles and the police have not provided any info whatsoever except that it was a homicide... I know the autopsy is not out yet but if they believe it was a homicide, they should at least provide what led them to believe this (ie- was he shot in the back? robbery? choked in a fight?) .. What gives on the SCPD keeping this so low key? I saw some people in the comments section on one of the articles on this allude to possible gangs (which I doubt was the case) and the media focused heavily on his yearbook quote:

"To all my friends, I'm so glad for the times we had together. If we never see each other again, I'll miss you dearly. To everyone else, I hate you all. The best part of graduating is knowing I'll never have to see any of you again. I don't think I've ever known so many people I hated so much all at once," he wrote
I really don't get why there's zero information from the police on this. What's the word from people in the area?

Top Stories Item
My gut says they are probably surveiling someone in relation to the crime and will be very cryptic with details until they make an arrest.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 AM

3,173 posts, read 5,668,359 times
SIB - I know, I don't get why nearly every media outlet that covered this is focusing so heavily on it. Maybe the media knows something that we don't and is not sharing, IDK.

Gordon- I was thinking the same thing too. But there has to be some sort of dialogue in the town about this..insiders talk and word gets around quick. This has been a complete blackout for days now.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:15 AM

160 posts, read 270,666 times
Quote:
SIB - I know, I don't get why nearly every media outlet that covered this is focusing so heavily on it. Maybe the media knows something that we don't and is not sharing, IDK.

Gordon- I was thinking the same thing too. But there has to be some sort of dialogue in the town about this..insiders talk and word gets around quick. This has been a complete blackout for days now.
Unless someone from the area weighs in here, or you know someone personally or where to look online, I doubt the media will release anything if it will compromise the case...yet.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:31 AM

9,905 posts, read 12,977,357 times
You'd expect a quote like that from someone who might kill some people, not one who would be killed.

Details are very sketchy on this story so far, the police are probably pursuing good leads and are keeping details to a minimum.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 AM

16,416 posts, read 27,935,383 times
Quote:

Top Stories Item
This happens CONSTANTLY with Newsday/News 12. They will report on something once, usually the briefest bare bones they can get away with, ALWAYS neglecting to put in the race of the suspect unless s/he is white, and then never ever again print or broadcast any updates on the story. It's like it's only news once and then they expect us to forget about it/not want any updates on it. That's how they roll with 90% of their news reporting.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:03 PM

16,942 posts, read 19,680,616 times
I live in Islip and this is the first I am hearing of this.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 PM

I found this information online: is this the same murder?
Missing Islip Teen Found Dead - Smithtown Radio - News, Weather, Traffic & Music

Old 11-21-2011, 01:10 PM

I have gone to tellers many times where this kid worked never saw him before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island