U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:01 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,059,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
people are fleeing for greener pastures in record numbers. The gloom and doom regarding jobs and taxes is all over Newsday every day. the only people who are in "denial" are those who can afford to be.

was it "excitement" or are you simply overreacting to something somebody posted on a message board?

"generalizing" implies there might be a shred of truth in this mess. I don't even see that. Do I really need to provide a LONG list of privately owned and successful eating establishments?
1. Based on the last election...DENIAL!!
2. My reaction was mostly silly. The overreacting is to the nasty responses.
3. If you think that list per capita will be impressive, I feel sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I like the Good Life. Like Mass. Pk. too.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
let's see...you called it "overpriced" two times and then said it doesn't have "fair prices".

But I'm the one who's repeating....
OK, Mitt. It was my sole point. Not pulled from a bigger context from 4 different posts or anything.

EVERYBODY!! SHAKE SHACK IS COMING!! YAYYYYY!!!!

Are we done...?

Old 11-23-2011, 01:08 PM

4,130 posts, read 6,706,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
1. Based on the last election...DENIAL!!
what's suozzi up to these days?
Quote:
My reaction was mostly silly. The overreacting is to the nasty responses.
that's one word for it.
Quote:
If you think that list per capita will be impressive, I feel sorry.
I'd ask you for something to support this...but we both know you have nothing.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
what's suozzi up to these days?

that's one word for it.

I'd ask you for something to support this...but we both know you have nothing.
OK, go compile a list, it should take all of 15 minutes. LI is known for it's abundance of gourmet dining, art galleries, music venues, sports, on and on.

You should change your quote to "We've got nothing."

Old 11-23-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
OK, go compile a list, it should take all of 15 minutes. LI is known for it's abundance of gourmet dining, art galleries, music venues, sports, on and on.

You should change your quote to "We've got nothing."
of course I never said LI is full of art galleries, music venues, and whatever you mean by "sports"...but I think we established earlier in this thread you're having a hard time keeping track of things.

We get it...you're miserable. And now it's clear you're just looking to pick a fight.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
of course I never said LI is full of art galleries, music venues, and whatever you mean by "sports"...but I think we established earlier in this thread you're having a hard time keeping track of things.

We get it...you're miserable. And now it's clear you're just looking to pick a fight.
I thought you were making a list? What happened?

I made a post saying Shake Shack was ho hum, in my opinion. The fight was all yours. So I'm miserable now? Is that your olive branch? You are a transparent, passive aggressive baiter. But you're above it all, of course. You only comment to enlighten. Cool.

I'm a happy man. I just think LI sucks donkeys. I'm here for my wife, not the location. She's so good, I put up with the likes of you.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I thought you were making a list? What happened?

I made a post saying Shake Shack was ho hum, in my opinion. The fight was all yours. So I'm miserable now? Is that your olive branch? You are a transparent, passive aggressive baiter. But you're above it all, of course. You only comment to enlighten. Cool.
Let's see if you can pay attention:
-you asserted LI is lacking in quality eateries
-I disagreed
-you respond by asking for a list of restaurants AND "art galleries, music venues, sports"

So I guess I "baited" you into a response that didn't make any sense? Are you sure it wasn't something on your end? lol....

Quote:
I'm a happy man. I just think LI sucks donkeys. I'm here for my wife, not the location. She's so good, I put up with the likes of you.
Good thing you married someone who can put up with you...

Old 11-23-2011, 05:10 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,895,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuyandGal View Post
It's funny how before the recession everyone was into low carb, low fat, low cholesterol, lean protein diets.
Now there's how many different burger joints opening on the island? I guess people are thinking "well, I'm not going to be able to afford old age, so I might as well go out fat, greasy, and happy!"
Don't get me wrong, I love a good burger but there aren't any healthier chain/non-chain eateries that could open on LI like Chik-Fil-A?
On a side note I am hoping Cracker Barrel does come to LI.
Chik-Fil-A isn't open on Sundays, but would probably do well here anyway.

Crapper Barrel? eh

Old 11-23-2011, 05:14 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,895,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Personally I found CB to be quite disappointing and would not frequent it at all.
You and me both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island