Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 11:22 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuyandGal View Post
It's funny how before the recession everyone was into low carb, low fat, low cholesterol, lean protein diets.
Now there's how many different burger joints opening on the island? I guess people are thinking "well, I'm not going to be able to afford old age, so I might as well go out fat, greasy, and happy!"
Don't get me wrong, I love a good burger but there aren't any healthier chain/non-chain eateries that could open on LI like Chik-Fil-A?
On a side note I am hoping Cracker Barrel does come to LI.
Cracker Barrel is not healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 11:24 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,743,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
of course the prices at Shake Shack aren't all that overpriced...especially for Manhattan...but why let that get in the way of a good rant?

you mean not everyone likes them? Stop the presses! I was unaware that it was possible for people to have different likes and dislikes. Where did you get his information?

hype only gets people in the door one time...especially in Manhattan where the failure rate for restuarants is extremely high. If it wasn't good, it wouldn't have been in business this long...and he wouldn't be expanding.

I get it...everything here sucks and everything in Texas or wherever you'd rather be living is better.

Didn't you hear? New York has a monopoly on people standing in line for overhyped, overpriced stuff .. like the iphone 4.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:25 AM

1,725 posts, read 4,035,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
It sure isn't, but I love their pancakes and sausage patties.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:39 AM

322 posts, read 937,209 times
Quote:
I know it's not healthy. That's why I can't wait for one to open

Old 11-23-2011, 11:45 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times
Quote:
I LOVE Cracker Barrel but I'm actually hoping it does NOT come to LI.
It will then no longer be a treat whenever we take road trips and I'll no longer have that to look forward.

FYI - my company is building the Gallery at Westbury Plaza. Having actually worked on the blueprints I can tell you it's going to be a fairly epic shopping center. Don't know how much worse the traffic is going to be but I'm still looking forward to it.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:47 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,654 times
Personally I found CB to be quite disappointing and would not frequent it at all.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
FYI - my company is building the Gallery at Westbury Plaza.
Does your company know that Gallery at Westbury Plaza is not in Westbury?

Old 11-23-2011, 12:07 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
I worked in Manhattan. I've eaten there 4 times. I like it, but it's just a fancy five guys with better meat.
what exactly is fancy about it?

Quote:
We almost NEVER had time for work lunch there unless someone picked it up for a group.
did you work nearby? If you get there early enough the line is usually never more than 10 minutes or so....

Quote:
There are tourists all over the city and it IS a destination. Whenever we have friends in town and we go to the city they want to check it out. We take them, they are aghast at the line and we ultimately say "damn good burger but it's alot of hassle." Which "jab" at Manhattan? That Times Square has become a Disneyfied joke? C'mon.
this:
Quote:
For all it's "world class city" status, Manhattan is a notriously tough place to get a good, reasonably priced lunch
plenty of "good" food...but unfortunatley it can be pricey. Not exactly breaking new ground here.

Quote:
Then again, we are talking about Manhattan where there is some good stuff
yeah...5-6 good things...tops.

Quote:
my hatred remains for Long Island...Shake Shake, Sonic or Checker's arrival notwithstanding.
too bad for you the complaint rock era was 20 years ago...

Old 11-23-2011, 12:08 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
I LOVE Cracker Barrel but I'm actually hoping it does NOT come to LI.
It will then no longer be a treat whenever we take road trips and I'll no longer have that to look forward.

FYI - my company is building the Gallery at Westbury Plaza. Having actually worked on the blueprints I can tell you it's going to be a fairly epic shopping center. Don't know how much worse the traffic is going to be but I'm still looking forward to it.
how so?

Old 11-23-2011, 12:21 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,995,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post

Didn't you hear? New York has a monopoly on people standing in line for overhyped, overpriced stuff .. like the iphone 4.
Gee, you used the same joke he used, right down to the snarky sarcasm ...("didn't you hear, NY has the monopoly on high prices"). Brilliant twist.

Yeah, not much customer satisfaction with the iphone. Just hype. But those droids are flying off the shelves and the apps? ooo boy, some fun stuff. Got my iphone from ATT. Shipped overnight. No waiting in line. Activated online. Sold my old one for more than the new one so I made a profit. Considering I hate everything, I am shocked at how much my wife and I like our iphones.

Enjoy your Shake Shack. Neat-o. I'm sure Kate Murray will be there with a hardhat, a burger and a smile. I'm sure I will too. It'll be the hottest thing since Cheescake Factory. Wheeeeee! Man, I'm stoked!! Not sure I can handle the thrill a minute changing landscape of the Town of Hempstead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island